HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Post-Debate Body Language

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:20 AM

Post-Debate Body Language

There was some very interesting post-debate body language- the Romneys storming the stage and insisting on staying after the Obamas left, Ann Romney snatching her beaming grandson away when he was grinning at Barack Obama and Queen Ann bitchily turning her back to Michelle Obama.

I'm looking for some of the footage. Any dea where to find it?

3 replies, 589 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Post-Debate Body Language (Original post)
demhottie Nov 2012 OP
Sedona Nov 2012 #1
demhottie Nov 2012 #2
demhottie Nov 2012 #3

Response to demhottie (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 05:03 AM

1. Insomnia silver lining for you

http://www.c-span.org/debates/

Looked it over a few times, and it seems everyone, (including Michelle) is focused on the apparently fascinating musings of Ann's toddler grandson. Ann smiles at Michelle several times.

When Mittens walked over, Ann picked up the kid and handed him over to his grandfather.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sedona (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:20 AM

2. Thanks for the link!

I agree that it looks totally normal here- I don't know if there were different camera angles on the CNN broadcast?

Here are some other folks dissecting the body language, but honestly, it could just be projection because they/I don't like the Romneys lol:

"Miss Ann took the child from PBO and gave him to willard and despite anon 10:55 - he was definitely reaching for PBO.

The other thing about that video, while PBO was interacting with the Romney family - Willard Romney was interacting with the Romney family and COMPLETELY ignored Michelle Obama. Romney doesn't have a sentiment of mixing with anyone other than his family and rich white folks. He would be President in exactly the same manner - get the help to talk to the lesser folk. He is revolting in every possible way and would insult every world leader if he got anywhere near the White House"

"It was a tender moment turned odd, after a rather contentious debate. Miles seemed to have a genuine desire to get close to the President who, in his usual fashion, was more than happy to engage with the youngster.

However this seemed to cause an uncomfortable ripple to go through the Romney family, which only dissipated once Mittens had pulled the young man away.

Not exactly sure what the dynamic is here, but once again the Romney family has given us cause to be a little disturbed by their behavior. "

"I saw that! Rewound and rewound and it looked like the boy was pushing away from Rmoney & reaching for Obama before someone grabbed him away! I was hoping to see clips of that floating around today.
"

Reply to this post

Response to Sedona (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:27 AM

3. Insistence of staying on stage last

Sorry- this is the clip I was looking for for Romneys staying on stage last

Starts at ~1:31

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread