HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Do you think Mitt has alr...

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:19 AM

Do you think Mitt has already amended his 2011 tax returns?

He was lightning quick when it came to cutting off the credit cards. Do you think he has already submitted an amended return to get his 1.9million back?

Mitt Romney filed his 2011 taxes with the IRS today and, in keeping with his general spirit of transparency, is releasing his return in full, in addition to a 20-year "summary" of his tax rates, for public perusal. Among the data is that the jobless Romneys earned $13,696,951 last year and paid an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, totaling $1,935,708. Almost 30 percent of that income, or $4,020,772, was donated to charity, but interestingly enough, the Romneys didn't deduct as much as they could have. As the campaign explains, "The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years." Earlier this year, Romney said only a fool, and certainly not a presidential candidate, would pay more than he had to.

"You'll see my income, how much taxes I've paid, how much I've paid to charity," Romney promised in a January debate. "I pay all the taxes that are legally required and not a dollar more. I don't think you want someone as the candidate for president who pays more taxes than he owes." Voters, Romney added later, expect candidates to pay "only what the tax code requires."

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/mitt-romney-paid-too-much-in-2011-taxes.html

6 replies, 700 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Do you think Mitt has already amended his 2011 tax returns? (Original post)
apples and oranges Nov 2012 OP
Angry Dragon Nov 2012 #1
IL Lib Nov 2012 #2
catbyte Nov 2012 #3
apples and oranges Nov 2012 #5
mazzarro Nov 2012 #4
Puglover Nov 2012 #6

Response to apples and oranges (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:33 AM

1. Nope .... has three years to amend

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:38 AM

2. I was talking about this earlier today.

I'm sure he'll be doing so very soon.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:58 AM

3. That's probably what he was doing when everybody was waiting for his concession

speech to begin. Talk about SWEET RELIEF, it's been 2 whole days since we have been subjected to Romney's smarmy visage nor any of his creepy, American Psycho "boys" and entitled, tiresome Queen Ann. I'll bet 'ol Mitt 'n Ann are having a royal meltdown right about now. This is the first time since 1994 that they haven't gotten what they wanted simply because they wanted it. Lennon & McCartney were so right: "Can't Buy Me Love".

At first I thought they were just putting on an act and displaying bravado about winning, but after seeing that leaked, unintentionally hilarious "transition" website, I'm convinced they bought into the bs the Right Wing Echo Chamber was spewing and deluded themselves into believing they would oust the Obamas and they would be the new First family. No. Fucking. Way.

We dodged one hell of a bullet, more like a bazooka. I am flabbergasted that there were so many fools who voted for that undeserving, dishonest, and dishonorable man. We are seriously fucked up as a nation, but at least there are more of us than them.

Reply to this post

Response to catbyte (Reply #3)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 12:48 PM

5. No kidding!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 06:39 AM

4. Back to his life before the campaign

Now he will take back full control of his investments from the "not so blind" trust and undo whatever little they did to shackle his money grubbing investments.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 01:17 PM

6. I am sure he called one of his accountants.

Right after he shut off his aides credit cards. Slimey oily asshole to the 4th power.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread