HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OK, what is the deal with...

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:40 PM

OK, what is the deal with FL?

IN has been taking hits lately, but at least we can hold an election without it turning into a logistical debacle. FL is a problem child every time! It is still outstanding two days after everyone else is done! What is up with this?

8 replies, 855 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply OK, what is the deal with FL? (Original post)
Brigid Nov 2012 OP
liberal N proud Nov 2012 #1
lumpy Nov 2012 #2
TheDebbieDee Nov 2012 #3
bluestate10 Nov 2012 #4
MynameisBlarney Nov 2012 #5
russspeakeasy Nov 2012 #6
FLyellowdog Nov 2012 #7
Malikshah Nov 2012 #8

Response to Brigid (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:42 PM

1. Corrupt elections

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:42 PM

2. Looks like hanky panky.

n

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:53 PM

3. The place is called Flori-DUH! Enuf said........

Maybe we should thinking about revoking their "statehood" card.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:59 PM

4. Florida officials are looking like fools.

Republicans there are looking like idiots and they are still going to lose the state to Obama. Plus republican margin in the Florida state house has been cut big. A democrat and former Mayor of Tampa has set about studying the problem, even if Scott sits on his ass. That former Mayor is also fairly young. If she succeeds and produces a reasoned review of why Florida has such a hard time with voting, Scott had better make moving on plans because he will lose his Governor's chair to her two years down the road.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:06 PM

5. Florida is messed up, I know, I live there

But looks like Arizona is having bigger problems.
600k ballots missing.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:21 PM

6. I believe rick scott, our criminal governor, thought he

could put florida in the spotlight, thinking that the race would depend on this state. He engineered a 10 page ballot in my precinct, cut the early voting days in half, and didn't print enough ballots for some precincts.
All this was done in anticipation that the country would have to focus it's attention on this "bubba" state and his henchmen/women would turn the election to romney.
RICK SCOTT IS A HORRIBLE PERSON AND A HORRENDOUS GOVERNOR.

Reply to this post

Response to russspeakeasy (Reply #6)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:35 PM

7. Amen, to that. 2014...let's get rid of this jerk!!!!

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:46 PM

8. The FL Legislature, and the FL governor. Since ~1999 FL has gone to the dogs.

It started under Jeb's reign, continued under Crist's, and now Scotts.

Thankfully, the House and Senate no longer have the iron clad Republican majorities they have had after Tuesday's election. They tried to get 11 long-winded, duplicitous amendments passed on the ballot this time around. Thankfully, only 3 of the 11 went through (and the three that went through had "Veteran" and "Senior Citizen" front and center in the wording--the idiots that passed these will soon realize that Veterans and Seniors will NOT benefit, but rather that the entire populace will suffer)

I know that folks on the DU aren't expected to know this, so I let the attacks on Florida stand. The goddamn Media, however, should be doing a better job at exposing the reasons behind the problem instead of repeating the knee-jerk mouth-breathing Flori-duh refrain over and over again. Don't even get me started on Marco "Tax payers paid for my back shave" Rubio--that little shit is as corrupt as Jeb.

BTW--I've no love for the Dem machine down here-- they put up McBride vs. Bush instead of supporting Janet Reno.... In my experience, the Dems at the local level can be just as corrupt at times.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread