HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Romney’s Priority After L...

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:37 PM

Romney’s Priority After LOSING Election: CANCEL Staff Credit Cards

"...What a guy. Sure, you’ll always “be part of the Romney family”, but you leeches can’t do anything for Mittens now that he’s lost, so you can suck it up and pay for your own transportation home..."

If you just lost the Presidential election, and had to scramble to write a concession speech because you were so cocksure that you’d win that you didn’t bother to write one in advance, you might have a lot on your mind. Maybe you’d take a minute to thank your tireless campaign workers. Maybe you’d say, “What the heck, let’s eat that Victory Cake; it’ll just go to waste if we don’t!”

Maybe you’d call Karl Rove at FOX News and bawl him out for not winning the election for you. Perhaps you’d call your webmaster and tell him or her to take down your pre-prepared “President-Elect Romney” website, which you’d been proudly showing off to the world even before Election Day. Maybe you’d console your wife, telling her that moving into the White House would only have been downgrading, and that public housing was really not good enough for you, anyway. Maybe, after calling the President to congratulate him on his win through gritted teeth, you’d take a minute to phone your sons and break the bad news to them personally. Maybe you’d loosen your tie, announce that those grapes were probably sour anyway, and go take a nap. There are any number of things a losing candidate can do to wind down a long and exhausting campaign, and Mitt Romney probably did some of the things above.

Mitt Romney also made sure to cancel all Romney campaign staff business credit cards–in the middle of the night–which meant that some staffers, newly unemployed and straggling home after an emotionally devastating loss, discovered that their taxicab drivers were really pissed off because their Romney campaign credit cards were being declined.

Forbes reports:

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down.

This is why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President campaign does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are bills to be paid, and papers to be filed with various federal commissions. But clearly not those taxi bills.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

cont

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/08/romneys-priority-after-losing-election-cancel-staff-credit-cards/

5 replies, 1433 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Romney’s Priority After LOSING Election: CANCEL Staff Credit Cards (Original post)
Segami Nov 2012 OP
brewens Nov 2012 #1
riverwalker Nov 2012 #2
liberal N proud Nov 2012 #3
dflprincess Nov 2012 #4
WiffenPoof Nov 2012 #5

Response to Segami (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:42 PM

1. Considering the sleaze you'd have to be to work for that guy, I don't blame him. It

takes one to know one factors in here. What does Romney do? He loots. Of course he would expect his (kind of) people to do the same. I'd bet those rats would have ran up every dime on him they could! I can't say I wouldn't have. He'd have it coming to him for being a jackass anyway. Remember that staffer/food taster he made hold the legs of his chair? What a freakin' jerk!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:42 PM

2. THAT is cold n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:45 PM

3. Evil bastard.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:52 PM

4. They worked for the turd, why would this surprise them?

Really it serves them right. Gives them a little taste of what people whose jobs Mittens shipped to China felt like. Maybe they'll rethink their politics.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 10:55 PM

5. I Heard About This On The Young Turks

When I told my wife about the credit cards being cancelled...we both just looked at each other and said "what did you expect from this bastard?"

We clearly dodged the bullet. If this guy were ever to be President, I'm not sure we could survive it. Apparently most of the electorate agrees.

-Paige

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread