HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mitt Romney planned Bosto...

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:39 PM

Mitt Romney planned Boston Harbor fireworks show that was scotched by election loss

Mitt Romney had planned to celebrate his election as the nation’s 45th president with an eight-minute fireworks display over Boston Harbor.

The same company that does some of the illuminations for Boston’s Fourth of July celebration was poised to ignite fireworks within view of Romney’s party at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center to celebrate a win over President Obama.

A permit filed with the City of Boston said the detonation could occur any time between 7 p.m. Tuesday, just after the first polls closed, and 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, which ended up being just before Romney conceded the race.

Instead, Atlas Professional Fireworks Displays unloaded the pyrotechnics from mortars set up on a barge near the Bank of America Pavilion and carted them back to its headquarters in Jaffrey, N.H.

“It was not an intense, grand file-type of display for eight minutes, but it certainly was a fast-paced show to cap off the evening, if it were necessary,” company CEO Steve Pelkey told the Globe today.

<snip>

http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2012/11/08/mitt-romney-planned-boston-harbor-fireworks-show-that-was-scotched-election-loss/qmgtVKPq4zNnDyb9FbLWeJ/story.html

No concession speech, a transition web site and fireworks. He really thought he was going to be President.

8 replies, 1447 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to cali (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:40 PM

1. Wow, the level of delusion is breathtaking.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ellie (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:48 PM

3. That is what happens when you live inside the Fox Noise Echo Chamber. They told themselves the lie

so many times that they actually believed the lie.

Reply to this post

Response to madinmaryland (Reply #3)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 02:39 PM

7. No. It's because Kkkarl Rove and told him they were going to steal Ohio....a "sure thing"

And since he had done it for Bush, he figured Rove would come through.

Ha hahahaha

Reply to this post

Response to ellie (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:54 PM

5. You aren't kidding--on so many levels.

I'm sure it would have gone over well with the 60-something-percent of Bostonians who voted against that arrogant, self-important asshole.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:42 PM

2. I think his strategists were feeding him the same bullshit they were feeding the press.

Last edited Thu Nov 8, 2012, 03:27 PM - Edit history (1)

hoping to pump him up and keep him motivated until the bitter end.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:51 PM

4. They should have set them off anyway - let people enjoy something n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:00 PM

6. Watching his dream go up in smoke was exciting enough for me

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 07:26 AM

8. Mitt, I hear you like pranks. Try sticking them up your ass and lighting them. Should be a blast.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread