HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Don't be surprised if som...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 09:46 PM

Don't be surprised if some disgruntled wingnut does something very bad in the next week or so

The despair of these gun nut teabagging assholes is such that I wouldn't be surprised at all.

12 replies, 1242 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Don't be surprised if some disgruntled wingnut does something very bad in the next week or so (Original post)
scheming daemons Nov 2012 OP
codjh9 Nov 2012 #1
Horse with no Name Nov 2012 #2
Mdterp01 Nov 2012 #3
JI7 Nov 2012 #4
MynameisBlarney Nov 2012 #5
defacto7 Nov 2012 #6
kestrel91316 Nov 2012 #7
Barack_America Nov 2012 #8
liberalmuse Nov 2012 #9
Comrade_McKenzie Nov 2012 #10
CheapShotArtist Nov 2012 #11
Barack_America Nov 2012 #12

Response to scheming daemons (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 09:47 PM

1. I thought of that too. Let's just hope not. I've heard of enough minor crap already, whether

in the last day or two, or in the last couple of years. No need to repeat it here; I just hope NOTHING happens. Well, unless of course, Dick Cheney decides to have a heart attack and make my day or something.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 09:47 PM

2. I expect something like that

One of the reasons I am not engaging any of them by gloating or otherwise--they are batshit crazy and anyone that forgets that does so at their own peril.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 09:49 PM

3. OMG I was thinking the same thing last night

I had this scary thought when I saw Obama giving his second term acceptance speech last night regarding what you are talking about. More than anything for Obama over the next 4 years I just want him to be safe. I almost don't even want to speak of it so as to not even put it out there, but it is a worry of mine. I just really hope the secret service protects him and his family well.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 09:49 PM

4. i agree, i think the racists were waiting for an "i told you so"

they aren't even hiding the racism anymore. freerepublic is full of comments about taking away the right to vote and how white men built this country and now the minorities are tearing it down with obama.

these people live in some other world . they all spew the same crap.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 09:54 PM

5. Yeah

This crossed my mind too.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 10:04 PM

6. I do feel the same way.

Something terrible may not happen, but the energy of hate is high in this country and being aware and steady is still the best policy. Fear is not a good idea. Spread as much support as you can, is all I can say.

There are a lot of threats going around and I have also been aware of small incidences here and there. That's unusual in my experience. But if anything happens that is of a grosser nature, I wouldn't hesitate to blame hate radio and hate propaganda ultimately. These propagandists are one of the central sources of what divides America. I would put the blame squarely in their lap.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 10:05 PM

7. Since you brought it up, I have to admit that I expect a sore loser to start in with shooting

liberals any day now. Don't know where, don't know who or when. I just have that hinky feeling. They are REALLY angry.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 10:05 PM

8. Sadly, that had been happening on a pretty regular basis before the election. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 10:19 PM

9. Not gloating at work.

The wingnuts were not pleased today. And when they are not pleased, they are scary as hell and will bite your head off or worse. I saw a few gathering in one of the cubes, angrily whispering. They pretty much know where I stand. Another co-worker who I'd thought was right-leaning because she does not discuss politics told me a co-worker came into her cube before I got to work and went off, assuming she'd voted for Romney. She didn't let the lady know who she really voted for.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 10:23 PM

10. Maybe the Patriot Act can be put to good use if any RWNJs try anything stupid. nt

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:51 AM

11. I too am scared.

Even though I live in CA, I'm also afraid that some wingnut jack-off might perform target practice on anybody who looks like a Democrat to them. My parents said they might harass people of color, and that made me kinda paranoid. Despite Obama's massive EV win here percentage-wise, we did have over 2M people who chose Robme. I'll be on my guard.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 12:53 AM

12. A birther started shooting up Michigan highways on Oct. 16

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread