HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » radio rightwingers are ta...

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:41 PM

radio rightwingers are talking about what they need to do to win Hispanic. But they never try to win

African Americans. what's up with that?

8 replies, 801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply radio rightwingers are talking about what they need to do to win Hispanic. But they never try to win (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Nov 2012 OP
codjh9 Nov 2012 #1
Glitterati Nov 2012 #2
upaloopa Nov 2012 #3
Liberal_in_LA Nov 2012 #4
sinkingfeeling Nov 2012 #5
KittyWampus Nov 2012 #6
Liberal1975 Nov 2012 #7
COLGATE4 Nov 2012 #8

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:43 PM

1. They always shoot themselves in the foot. I hope they never win over significant numbers of any

minority.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:43 PM

2. Because they're racists

Simple answer.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:44 PM

3. Racists?

Reply to this post

Response to upaloopa (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:47 PM

4. I guess. they say "Hispanics share are values" implying that other minority groups don't

I've heard them name "family and hard work" as those values shared by GOPers and Hispanics. Hey - you left off the rest of us.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:54 PM

5. I don't know. Maybe they could call a few more of them 'illegals' and deny

children born on American soil their citizenship, and tell young Hispanics they will never be US citizens? That seems to be working so well for the GOP.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:55 PM

6. They never try to win, period. They just try to keep Latinos & Blacks from voting.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 04:10 PM

7. I'll tell them what they can do...

Stop being racist assholes. Hey, that might work with African Americans too although AAs have too many years enduring systemic racism behind them to not be wiser about these things. What I hate the most is the way they use both groups so cynically...they use illegal immigration to stoke their base while doing nothing about to help their corporate friends. (Nobody loves illegal aliens more than big corporations) same with black people. What would they do if they actually got rid of welfare programs? Who would they blame our gigantic debt on then? Never mind the vast majority of wellfare goes to poor rural whites in red states and it doesnt really cost nearly as much as they pretend it does. Food stamp President? I've seen the numbers. Food stamps users are pretty much evenly distributed a cross all fifty states. The more populous the state the more food stamps are used in that state. But use the word an for a right winger it conjures an image of "ghetto". It's what they do, but I think it might be changing...hopefully. I think even they realize that they are going to need a broader base.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:00 PM

8. These fucking idiots are now convinced that

the key to them winning the Latino vote is - wait for it - Marco Rubio. Ya see, the genuises who brought you Karl Rove and Dick Morris believe that, if you nominate one Latino, ANY Latino, well then all the Latinos are bound to follow him, just like the Pied Piper. What they fail to understand is that Latinos are anything BUT a monolithic bloc of voters and, in any case, it's highly unlikely that people from at least 10 Latin American countries are all going to be in a swoon for a Cuban-American. But, once again, it's Magical Thinking Time for the Rethugs. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Fortunately for us!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread