HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Allen West, Patrick Murph...

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:14 PM

Allen West, Patrick Murphy District 18 race results: West seeks injunction to count paper ballots

In a district that leans Republican by 2 percentage points, Jupiter Democrat Patrick Murphy should thank St. Lucie and Palm Beach counties' voters for helping him knock off U.S. Rep. Allen West.

Only consistently red Martin County performed up to its billing for West.

By 6 a.m., with 100 percent of precincts reporting according to Politico.com, a winner still had not been officially declared. Murphy garnered 160,328 votes to West's 157,872. That's a difference of 2,456. Percentage-wise, that's 50.4 percent to 49.6 percent.

But West, who stormed into Congress on the 2010 Tea Party wave, hasn't conceded the race yet.

Wednesday afternoon West filed a motion for injunctive relief to 'count paper ballots (in Palm Beach County) and to impound voting machines."

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_martin_county/allen-west-patrick-murphy-district-18-race-results-99-percent-of-precincts-reporting-murphy-winner#ixzz2BZ8SYgHl

I really hate this guy. Anyone here in my area see this turd last night?? Oh yeah that's right he was too chicken-shite to even talk to the media last night. COWARD. He left his "cushy" area in Broward and South Palm Beach to go to a more "Republican Leaning" area because he thought he would be able to take it. He forgot one thing - women. He pissed off Republican Women as well as Democratic women in my area. And now he's hiding behind this crap and sham. Go back to Georgia you carpet-bagger!

7 replies, 801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Allen West, Patrick Murphy District 18 race results: West seeks injunction to count paper ballots (Original post)
RockaFowler Nov 2012 OP
RobertEarl Nov 2012 #1
Scuba Nov 2012 #4
ellenfl Nov 2012 #6
PatSeg Nov 2012 #2
Panasonic Nov 2012 #3
RobertEarl Nov 2012 #5
Brother Buzz Nov 2012 #7

Response to RockaFowler (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:32 PM

1. He will retract,,,betcha

When the PTB get to him and tell him the LAST thing they want is a hand count, he'll go away.

As for me I hope he is allowed to exercise his RIGHT to have a hand count.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RobertEarl (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:57 PM

4. +1,000

Reply to this post

Response to RobertEarl (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 04:28 PM

6. i hope you're right! i DON'T want a hand count. too much stress. oem

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:36 PM

2. Just because they cheat and mess with voting machines,

they assume their opponents do the same thing. Its like people who accuse their spouses of cheating because they do.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:44 PM

3. Allen is breaking Florida law.

He's demanding a recount which is not triggered because it does not meet the guidelines - he needs to have less than one half of 1% difference on the voters, and I see it's closer to 1% than Florida law allows.

Recount will *most* likely show that Murphy won even more votes, and only embarrass Allen West, and will be left hanging with a massive debt.

So mote it be.

Reply to this post

Response to Panasonic (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:05 PM

5. Are you against clean elections?

Against an honest count?

Allen has the RIGHT as an American to demand such things. Are you really opposed to his RIGHTS?

Reply to this post

Response to Panasonic (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 04:33 PM

7. I may be wrong, but he can ask for a recount, only....

It's on his nickel; he has to pay for it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread