Wed Oct 31, 2012, 12:00 AM
MrScorpio (61,781 posts)
The Winner of 6th Annual Late H. Lee Atwater Award for Right Wing Evil is...
The Two-Headed monster known as Charles and David Koch with a grand total of 15 votes.
For their many evils to harm America and our democracy.
New Report Finds Shadowy Donors Trust Hides Millions in Anti-Science Funds From Koch Bros and Friends
Posted: 10/29/2012 2:00 pm
A new report released last week on DeSmogBlog unravels a scheme that funnels money from the notorious Koch Brothers and the reclusive Chicago industrialist Barre Seid through a third party organization, which in turn makes anonymous donations in the millions to right-wing policy think-tanks.
In a nutshell, the 200+ page report by Silicon valley scientist Dr. John Mashey shows in great detail how the Koch brothers and Barre Seid flow money through two organizations called Donor Trust and Donors Capital Fund, which in turn passes that money on to major right-wing think-tanks like the American Enterprise Institute, Heartland Institute and Americans for Prosperity.
This money is then used for coordinated efforts to fight things like environmental regulations and the scientific realities of climate change.
In total over $311 million has been put through the Donors Trust and Donors Capital Fund with much of that coming from David and Charles Koch and Barre Seid.
Here's a summary of findings:
- The report presents evidence that confirms the speculation that Chicago Industrialist Barre Seid has pumped millions into the Heartland Institute's "global warming projects" to boost their efforts to fight climate change science .
- Money from Barre Seid was pushed through Donors Trust to funded a major expansion of the Heartland Institute to help in their public relations efforts to deny the realities of climate change.
- Shows how the majority of the Donors Capital Board is made up of right wing think tanks heads that also were heavily involved in the fight for Big Tobacco in the 1990's
- Exposes another philanthropic vehicle established by the Koch Brothers called the "Knowledge and Progress Fund" - this fund has moved over $7m through Donors Trust .
- All funds that go through Donors Trust become tax deductions for the donors with much of that money going to political causes and policy fights.
- Other major recipients of Donors Trust money are: Americans for Prosperity, American Enterprise Institute, Acton Institute, Cato Institute, Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy and the Media Research Center.
And a movie: Robert Greenwald's "Koch Brothers Exposed" (Full)
The desiccated corpse of the Late H. Lee Atwater will now retire back to his grave in South Carolina. Thanks to everyone for participating. See you all next Halloween Eve.
4 replies, 1071 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
The Winner of 6th Annual Late H. Lee Atwater Award for Right Wing Evil is... (Original post)
Response to MrScorpio (Original post)
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 01:03 AM
freshwest (47,988 posts)
2. I keep directing people to this page of Atwater's Wikipedia entry:
Last edited Wed Oct 31, 2012, 03:35 PM - Edit history (2)
The Koch brothers, exposed by Thom Hartmann and so many others, have had a long term plan to destroy the USA for their own schemes. They've been working on it for generations. They are in a full court press to bring their candidates, like Romney, Ryan, Scott Brown, Rick Scott and Scott Walker directly into power without any more middle men:
Their co-conspirator is Grover Nordquist and he is close to achieving through ALEC and Romney, control of the USA for the next generation, in his own words:
All we have to do is replace Obama. ... We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. ... We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate.
Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.
~ Grover Nordquist
Paul Ryan has been funded by the Koch brothers all along:
Romney's Veep Pick: Paul Ryan, Koch Ally and 'Right-Wing Social Engineer'
Ryan is one Koch-fueled candidate