HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I agree with Mourdock...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:20 PM

I agree with Mourdock...

If God (or Jeeezus) allowed rape or incest to occur - and a pregnancy results - then it must be the Will of said God (or Jeezus).

So abortion is murder, even in the case of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

If life begins at conception... why would life - and a soul - created by rape be any different than any other?

There's some fine points of Theology here.

Of course, since I believe life starts when the kid is viable... or is born.... or starts paying his/her own bills...all of those fine points of Theology are lost on me.

But how do the Fetus Fundies reconcile the position that abortion for rape and incest is OK?

7 replies, 839 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to blkmusclmachine (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:31 PM

2. Yep, that's those *pro-lifers* for ya. Ain't that a knee slapper. Yup, yup.

However in Randian philosophy, one must consider that those disobedient kids could grow up to be disobedient adults.

Want a union, decent pay and working conditions, clean air, water, food, housing, equal treatment under the law, all that bad stuff. So they must pull them up by the roots, see.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bigmack (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:37 PM

3. How they reconcile it...

I got into a conversation with a hard core pro-life guy. The topic was entitlements and his point was that there are "tons" of poor people who have more babies as a way of increasing their income from the government. His suggestion was that we either sterilize these "tons" of poor people after one kid or "maybe have them get abortions" if they can't provide support without the government's help.

I just looked at this guy in shock. I asked him "Abortion? Did you just imply forced abortions for the poor? I thought you were pro-life" and his response..."well, this is different, we have to get this entitlement spending under control".

He said it like it was some ex cathedra pronouncement that everyone would agree with. That's how they reconcile it, by just announcing it's reconciled.

Absolutely insane.

Reply to this post

Response to CincyDem (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:51 PM

5. People on TANF have same number of kids everybody does..1.9.. 1 kid=$90/mo. No high living there! nt

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:40 PM

4. I also agree with Mr. Mourdock.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20121024/LOCAL/310249979/1002/LOCAL

He's attempting to pretend he didn't spew vileness all over the Indiana countryside.

<"Are you trying to suggest somehow that God preordained rape, no I don't think that," Mourdock said. "Anyone who would suggest that is just sick and twisted. No, that's not even close to what I said.">

So, Mr. Mourdock and I both think that he is sick and twisted.

Of course, I also think he's a delusional, hate-filled, vicious, bug-eyed moron.

But that's just me.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 02:26 PM

6. I agree with the comment he made the following day

His words are "twisted"

(someone else posted the above response, don't recall which member)

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 02:29 PM

7. If life begins at conception, then every sperm is precious. Time to outlaw masturbation

seriously. Women and men are wasting babies by masturbating. If you're sterile, off to the gallows.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread