HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » John McCain Does What Rom...

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:11 PM

John McCain Does What Romney Wonít: DEMANDS APOLOGY from Richard Mourdock

JOHN McCAIN SHOWS UP MITT ROMNEY.......

Unlike Mitt Romney, John McCain wonít continue to support rape pregnancies are ďGodís willĒ Richard Mourdoch unless the Republican Senate candidate apologizes.

In an interview with CNNís Anderson Cooper tonight, Senator John McCain broke with Mitt Romney and said that he could not continue to support Indiana Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock unless he offers an apology for saying that pregnancy after rape is ďsomething that God intended to happen.Ē

TRANSCRIPT:

COOPER: Senator John McCain made some news on this when I asked him earlier if he still has Ė well, if he still supports Mourdock.

COOPER (on tape): Do you still count yourself in his corner?

MCCAIN (on tape): It depends on what he does. I think it depends on what he does. If he apologizes and says he misspoke and he was wrong and he asks the people to forgive him, then obviously Iíd be the first Ė you know, as I said, Iím not sure how big a mistakes that Iíve made. But, you know, in the years that Iíve been around, Iíve made a few, Anderson, and Iíve asked for peopleís understanding and forgiveness when I wonít ó when I own up to it. Itís when you donít own up to it when people will not believe you.

http://www.politicususa.com/john-mccain-romney-wont-demands-apology-richard-mourdock.html

15 replies, 1456 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 15 replies Author Time Post
Reply John McCain Does What Romney Wonít: DEMANDS APOLOGY from Richard Mourdock (Original post)
Segami Oct 2012 OP
jonpaulprime Oct 2012 #1
Segami Oct 2012 #2
brewens Oct 2012 #3
Spazito Oct 2012 #4
loyalsister Oct 2012 #5
RichGirl Oct 2012 #9
Tutonic Oct 2012 #6
Freddie Oct 2012 #7
RichGirl Oct 2012 #10
Freddie Oct 2012 #11
theglammistress Oct 2012 #8
Tx4obama Oct 2012 #12
Segami Oct 2012 #13
Heather MC Oct 2012 #14
niyad Oct 2012 #15

Response to Segami (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:13 PM

1. Good.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jonpaulprime (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:14 PM

2. I actually believe Mitt never saw that coming from McCain.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:15 PM

3. They never think infertility is Gods will. It's okay to use whatever drugs or science

to bend Gods will to have babies. Not okay to use anything to avoid getting pregnant.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:16 PM

4. What he should have said that would have actually had meaning was...

he would not support Romney/Ryan unless they demanded an apology from Mourdock. Saying he won't support Mourdock without an apology means exactly squat, imo. Unless McCain is a major donor funding ads for Mourdock, his threat of withdrawal of support is empty rhetoric, again imo.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:18 PM

5. Nice effort

But, a retraction and apology won't change the fact that he actually believes what he said. I presume he does, anyway, no one would say something that politically stupid unless they fully believed they were right.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #5)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:26 PM

9. Exactly....

He didn't mispeak...whatever the hell that means...he spoke his mind. Apology doesn't change that.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:22 PM

6. Goin Rogue.

Lipstick on a pig yall.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:23 PM

7. McCain knows this is taking the "pro-life" thing way too far

In 2008 he was careful to distance himself from the "no exceptions for rape" hatefulness, although he did not try to get it out of the party platform.

Reply to this post

Response to Freddie (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:29 PM

10. I always considered McCain....

One of the better republicans. (except for the Palin thing...but he's paid for that mistake) When are the normal republicans, the ones who just want lower taxes and less government going to realize that their party is gone and has been replaced with lunatics????

Reply to this post

Response to RichGirl (Reply #10)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:33 PM

11. Maybe they'll appear on Nov. 7 (please dear God!)

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:25 PM

8. I give McCain credit for this.

It adds pressure on Romney and ups the ante... and it allows McCain to subtly put the screws to Romney too.

Pres. Obama just release a statement saying "rape is rape."

In the morning media cycle, the two names getting praise will be Obama and McCain. The two names getting heat will be Mourdock/Romney.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:39 PM

12. Even IF Mourdock apologizes no one should support him. He said what he meant.

IF he apologizes now all it will mean is that he is afraid of losing votes.

The Republican Party will still continue its War on Women and will still be trying to overturn Roe v Wade, passing laws regarding trans-vaginal ultrasounds, reducing access to birth control, etc.

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #12)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:41 PM

13. I agree. Mitt must be having puppies on this little gem popping up 2 weeks before election day.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 PM

14. Murdoch did not make a mistake

He spoke from the heart show that man meant what he said. He can't apologize because he really does believe that shit.

Women don't need him to apologize women just need to make sure he doesnt get elected

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 PM

15. absolutely agree that there is no point to an apology. he meant every word he said, so what

good would an apology do? what he SHOULD apologize for is being a woman-hating, low-life cretin who is wasting oxygen and resources. I would say he should do the honourable thing, but that is something none of them seem to possess.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread