HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I voted in NE today.
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:23 PM

I voted in NE today.

I am not in Omaha area so my vote will not help Obama, but maybe just maybe that thug Deb Fisher will loose to Kerry. I grew up out West in Colorado on a ranch. Where I came from, the stunt she pulled gets you shot faster than stealing water. People at work are stunned by her nastiness. I am hoping we pull it out for Kerry.

4 replies, 420 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply I voted in NE today. (Original post)
Drahthaardogs Oct 2012 OP
Jane Austin Oct 2012 #1
NEDem Oct 2012 #4
Drahthaardogs Oct 2012 #2
yellerpup Oct 2012 #3

Response to Drahthaardogs (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:30 PM

1. What stunt

Did she pull?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jane Austin (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:07 PM

4. she tried to pull a land grab, lost in court and then introduced legislation to screw her neighbors

Reply to this post

Response to Drahthaardogs (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:36 PM

2. In a nutshell,

An older couple, her neighbors, let her graze her cattle for free on their land. The Fisher's wanted to buy the property, but the older couple refused. Even though they did not raise cattle any longer, the land was generational in the family, and they wanted to keep it.

Anyway, out west, there is a bit of a "use it or lose it" legal system with land and water rights. So the Fisher's sued the older couple claiming squatter's rights to try to steal their land.

Of course the cherry on top is the millions Ms. Fisher has fleeced the federal government for over the years for farm subsidies she never needed.

She is a monster.

Reply to this post

Response to Drahthaardogs (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:04 PM

3. Something like that happened in CT

not too long ago, only a retired widow's waterfront home was confiscated in the name of public domain. I find that tremendously unnerving. Thanks for your vote! Kerry is great and you guys deserve ethical representation.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread