HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Some thoughts this early ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:10 AM

Some thoughts this early Wednesday A.M....

1. One of the spouses of an employee of mine is posting anti-President Obama/anti-Vice-President Biden stuff all over Facebook. He calls them 'liars' and generally denigrates their competence and character. Interestingly, this family needs certain state and federal government funding in order to properly cope with a difficult situation and they as a family have performed a stellar job over the years, they really have. Unfortunately for them, our RW governor here in PA has seen fit to cut these programs in concert with our RW state legislature, and it has caused tremendous hardship here. This speaks for itself...on the one hand, and OTOH... In other contexts you would be impressed as to their intelligence and savvy, but again, this is typical of many in the electorate. I just shake my head in vague disbelief.

2. Yeah, RW mofos, you just go out and steal this election in FL or OH or wherever you've got the machines rigged. You just go and try to steal the third election out of four we've had, (four out of five if you count the weirdness of 2010 but that's a story for another day). Yeah, you just go ahead and crookedly dismiss the first United States President of color, and when the rumors/facts start wending their way through the mainstream, you are going to look back upon the civil unrest of the Sixties with great fondness for its relatively benign expression, compared to that which you are going to have to face from both macro and micro standpoints. There will be no pretense of civility or maintenance of the status quo. I'm not even referring to potential street-rioting issues, I'm referring to the personal hatred which is going to eclipse anything seen here ever. God help this country if the trust, so warily observed by the masses of so-called minorities, is betrayed by the fascists. Retribution on both public and personal bases would be pervasive and extreme. It is terrifying on all levels as far as I'm concerned.

3. Personally, I think Romney and many Republicans are going to get trounced in this election. The MSM has utilized the bullet points of low Democratic ("Democrat" in some circles) voter enthusiasm, the President not closing the deal, and the like to make it sound as though this thoroughly unlikable Mitt Romney actually has a good chance of coming from behind to "WIN!" the election with "MOMENTUM!". The fact of the matter is that it was always going to be close: there was only one Democrat who won a landslide in recent history and that was Johnson after the assassination and against someone who was felt to be a warmongering radical. This will not occur again in my lifetime, since there is a great ignorance proclaimed throughout the land due to poor education (by design), clever Republican sloganeering (always easier to reduce problems to one to three words of two syllables or fewer), and outrageous lying which has evolved past an 'art form' and into a post-Orwellian Event Horizon.

4. For you younger folk: when I was a kid I used to watch Huntley-Brinkley on NBC or Douglas Edwards (before Cronkite was promoted) on CBS. If there were an international story which involved the USSR or Eastern Bloc countries, the newscasters would at the end of the reportage often read what the Soviet official news source Pravda issued, which was always the direct opposite of what we "knew" to be the "truth". This was done in order to show how transparent we were as a society and how closed the Communist society was. When I hear FOX or Chuck Todd or one of the endless Republican mouthpieces, the first thing I think of is "Pravda". So as far as I'm concerned, they're just a bunch of tin-horn wannabe Commies on our soil.

26 replies, 2948 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 26 replies Author Time Post
Reply Some thoughts this early Wednesday A.M.... (Original post)
PCIntern Oct 2012 OP
MFM008 Oct 2012 #1
jerseyjack Oct 2012 #2
Wednesdays Oct 2012 #11
Janecita Oct 2012 #21
reusrename Oct 2012 #26
Comrade_McKenzie Oct 2012 #3
PCIntern Oct 2012 #4
JHB Oct 2012 #5
The Wizard Oct 2012 #6
demgrrrll Oct 2012 #7
Bohunk68 Oct 2012 #12
demgrrrll Oct 2012 #23
Tennessee Gal Oct 2012 #13
demgrrrll Oct 2012 #22
PCIntern Oct 2012 #14
Berlum Oct 2012 #8
Fumesucker Oct 2012 #9
lunasun Oct 2012 #20
LiberalElite Oct 2012 #10
Angry Dragon Oct 2012 #15
PCIntern Oct 2012 #18
reflection Oct 2012 #25
rbrnmw Oct 2012 #16
rock Oct 2012 #17
EnviroBat Oct 2012 #19
reflection Oct 2012 #24

Response to PCIntern (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:15 AM

1. good post.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:12 AM

2. I disagree with paragraph 2.

--ain't but few gonna get off their asses and do something. Occupy had what, 100,000 people, mostly young people in the parks? Where were the rest of the citizens?

If Romney wins, they will be told the media rigged the polls and Romney was supposed to win anyway.

If they are unemployed? Its the "Democrat Party's" fault....make up your own reason because it will make as much sense to the proletariat as anything Fox tells them.

The revolution won't be televised because it won't happen.

Reply to this post

Response to jerseyjack (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:12 AM

11. True that

As long as the beer is cold and Dancing with the Stars is on, no one cares.

Reply to this post

Response to jerseyjack (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:10 AM

21. I agree with you

We live in an extremely apathetic country. Our youth is busy having a good time and have their noses buried in the latest apple toy. They know absolutly nothing about current affairs and just go with the flow. There won't be a social revolution in this country, revolutions take time, energy and to be able to follow a cause, they only thing we are following is that dude on his way to get the new IPhone.

Reply to this post

Response to Janecita (Reply #21)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:09 PM

26. if only it were that simple

Most folks have no clue of what we are up against.

Enter the following into the google: thesis+ "social networks"+ insurgents

We know that NYPD (and others) worked with the intelligence community to put down the occupy movement insurgency.

We need to put away the horses and bayonets and open our eyes to our modern reality.

Dont blame the public for being victims here. The fascist forces within the military/industrial complex have the civilian pubic grotesquely over matched.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:16 AM

3. No one will rise up over a stolen election. That will come from the austerity that follows. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Comrade_McKenzie (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:21 AM

4. Where did I say that people would take to the streets?

The micro, rather than macro, hatred will be pervasive and palpable. Relations are strained as they are these days, this will push people over the edge...peope are not going to 'just get along'.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:28 AM

5. Somewhere in Communist non-Heaven, old Pravda editors are raising their vodka bottles...

...in salute of FOX, Mitt, Karl, newt, and the whole Republican noise machine for doing a more thorough job than they could ever manage.

After all, if they messed up it could mean being whisked off to a gulag... or something more immediate and permanent. The guys over here at worst have to lie low for a few (well compensated) months, then they're back at it. You gotta love "free enterprise" guys with more job security than a Soviet apparatchik.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:38 AM

6. Murdoch's News Corpse

Makes Pravda, TAAS and Izvestia seem like rank amateurs. They are Goebbels on nuclear steroids.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:43 AM

7. Chuck Toad was not as big a cheerleader today as he was at the begining of the week.

I had a sense that they know something. Chuck was subdued this am on Morning Joe. So was Halperin.

Reply to this post

Response to demgrrrll (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:14 AM

12. I absolutely refuse to watch Joe Dead Intern Scum,

Halperin, Has-been Brokaw or Steele. Instead, I have Bill Press on Current TV playing in the background. They agreed with a statement I posted on fb about Mourdock (R-IN) saying that Rape was something that G-d intended to happen. If that's the case then, the rapist should go free, since G-d intended it to happen. Of, course, Robme-Lyin Ryan support him all the way.

Don't watch Scum. He only gets money from the ratings. Remember and Honor Lori Klausutis.

Reply to this post

Response to Bohunk68 (Reply #12)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:15 AM

23. Believe me if I could get Current I would watch Current.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:20 AM

13. What do you think they know? Something that would burst their bubble in pushing this election

towards Romney?

I don't think they will ever admit that it might not look so good for Romney. That would spoil their desire to see it go his way or at the very least make it so tight that it could be stolen.

Reply to this post

Response to Tennessee Gal (Reply #13)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:13 AM

22. I don't know. Halperin had a column about Allred today hoping that whatever

she was going to do did not distract Romney for two weeks.... the column had an irritated edge. This is the first column of his that I have read in years, I was just curious after I saw him today.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:30 AM

14. I noticed that...good pickup! nt

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:48 AM

8. Republican lying = A post-Orwellian Event Horizon.

There you have it.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:51 AM

9. The difference between Pravda (literally "truth") and our modern US M$M

Virtually all Soviet citizens knew that Pravda was a pack of lies and acted accordingly.

Americans are not so smart, a lot of them buy the M$M lies.

Reply to this post

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #9)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:09 AM

20. yes!! the sheepies will talk about restrictions in Communist countries re information

but really believe everything is fair,open and balanced here in USA media......all truths are out and available

'None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free'
IF the enslaved are aware of the fact that they are enslaved,then they have strong incentive to rise against their slavers and the system has to break sooner or later.

But if the enslaved believe they are free, they have no reason to rise against the slavers, since they don't know there are any slavers at all. Thus the slavers don't have to worry about their safety and all they need to do is to make sure the slaves still think they are free.

edit to add.. screw that idiot employee and the nasty crap based most likely on race and class

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:55 AM

10. Good Points alll-

I was thinking yesterday, with how we can't trust the MSM which mostly toes the GOPTP party line, all the time they were "fighting totalitarianism" somebody was taking notes on how to do the same damn thing here.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:33 AM

15. You have come out with some good rants this morning

you should go drill someone and get rid of some of that anger

You have a good day ..............

Reply to this post

Response to Angry Dragon (Reply #15)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:40 AM

18. "Is it safe?" nt

Reply to this post

Response to PCIntern (Reply #18)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 AM

25. ooo, now there's a reference I haven't heard in awhile.

I'm going to go find that movie now.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:39 AM

17. Excellent post!

Peace

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:08 AM

19. Thanks for that.

I needed some genuine words of wisdom this morning.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 AM

24. Nice rant to start the day.

Like others, I disagree somewhat on #2, but not completely. I think it depends on the extent of the obviousness of it.

Let's say there are long lines to vote in OH and it becomes a tug-of-war where they try to shut the lines down and court orders start rolling in to the contrary. People get disgusted from waiting and go home. Romney wins OH by a whisker, and the presidency by the same thin margin. Then you might see some fireworks.

But I can think of several other scenarios where people will just grumble and lick their wounds.

But again, love your righteous rant.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread