HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I don't care what Trump h...

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:46 AM

I don't care what Trump has. I don't care what Allred has. I don't care what Reuters says.

I don't care how Ohio looks. Eyes on the ball...

G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V
G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V G O T V

This thing is NOT won yet. There will be plenty of time to party, gloat, celebrate or whatver AFTER November 6th. Right now the ONLY thing we should concern ourselves with is:

NO COMPLACENCY! We do NOT have this locked in! There are opportunities to participate in GOTV efforts nationwide - even if you've already voted, you can make phone calls to encourage others to vote, help people to the polls, and canvass in your area. It ain't over till it's over.

Just sayin'

15 replies, 2128 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 15 replies Author Time Post
Reply I don't care what Trump has. I don't care what Allred has. I don't care what Reuters says. (Original post)
ProfessionalLeftist Oct 2012 OP
LadyHawkAZ Oct 2012 #1
cry baby Oct 2012 #2
susanna Oct 2012 #3
JDPriestly Oct 2012 #4
marions ghost Oct 2012 #6
ProfessionalLeftist Oct 2012 #7
demvoter4life Oct 2012 #5
ProudProgressiveNow Oct 2012 #8
4lbs Oct 2012 #9
ErikJ Oct 2012 #10
eridani Oct 2012 #11
Maximumnegro Oct 2012 #12
gottavote Oct 2012 #14
gottavote Oct 2012 #13
Hugin Oct 2012 #15

Response to ProfessionalLeftist (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:55 AM

1. Kick. GOTFV! n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:11 AM

2. What r u tryin' to say? JK...I agree with ya! nt

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:16 AM

3. Agree 1000%. n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:19 AM

4. Agreed. GOTV is the only thing that matters now.

Last edited Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:59 AM - Edit history (1)

Who cares what Obama may have done 30 years ago -- or Romney for that matter? Not me.

I care about now, and I care about the future. I care for the good of my children.

Romney is a no-go. He would be really, really bad for women but even worse for the country as a whole.

We need Obama's policies.

We need the ACA. We need manufacturing jobs in the US.

We need to find peaceful solutions to international problems.

We need a fairer distribution of wealth. The rich will still be rich. The poor will still be poor, but things need to be a bit fairer than they are now.

The rich need to pay a share of taxes commensurate with their share of wealth in the country. Capital gains and estates must be taxed as must stock market transactions.

Doesn't have to be a lot. But if a person working at McDonalds for close to minimum wage with no benefits can pay into Social Security and Medicare from every dollar she earns, then Romney with his millions can pay into Social Security and Medicare from every dollar he earns and then some to pay for the wars that mostly benefit the rich, not the rest of us.

Obama has to win this election. We cannot turn back. We must move forward.

Reply to this post

Response to JDPriestly (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:23 AM

6. +++++

Reply to this post

Response to JDPriestly (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:53 AM

7. +1000 n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:20 AM

5. Correct. GOTV big Time.

Now everyone picked up the story and will talk about it for 2 weeks (reuters) abc, cbs nbc, msnbc, Its all the same hashed in different words. I guess the Mainstream needed something to talk about for 2 weeks.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49528284/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.UId7fmdNQTA

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:54 AM

8. K&R and GOTV! nt

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:20 AM

9. I bet Trump's "big thing" about Obama is that he smoked weed 30 years ago.

Wow!

That would be BIG NEWS if Barack Obama didn't already say as much in his own book "Dreams From My Father."

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:29 AM

10. GOPTV? -FOX?

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:35 AM

11. Indeed. And Obama is NOT the only candidate we have to worry about

With another obstructionist Congress, nothing whatsoever will get done.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 04:22 AM

12. What does complacency mean

Seriously what is the context of that phrase. I mean is anyone on these forums or sites likely to NOT vote because of some external event? Isn't this more for people who AREN'T really following the election closely?

Sorry but I still find the complacency bit to be fear-based negative motivation. I have yet to ever actually read a post anywhere on the web where a Dem says nah I'll take a nap until Nov.7th or do some blow with Doug Kaplan and make up poll numbers.

Reply to this post

Response to Maximumnegro (Reply #12)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 05:30 AM

14. ....For want of a nail.....

wow. This goes well with the horses and bayonets theme. If just 10 people on these forums decide to make phone calls every day for 1-2 hours, up to 5,000 voters can be contacted. It makes a difference. Much better use of time than being worried, posting all day, caring about Donald Trump. Win the war. GOTV GOTV every day, all day.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 05:23 AM

13. GOTV GOTV

loving it. could go 24/7 if you didn't need to sleep. Including all day on election day. Until the polls are closed. Everywhere. Makes a real difference. By giving just 2 hours per day for phoning you could influence 500 votes. go for it.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 05:46 AM

15. I concur.

It is what matters.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread