HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mitt Rmoney: Court Battle...

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:07 AM

Mitt Rmoney: Court Battle over his Involvement in Bitter Divorce

Gloria Allred is going to court to unseal documents....

Mitt Romney: Court Battle Over His Involvement in Bitter Divorce
Source: TMZ

Mitt Romney was heavily involved in the extremely messy divorce of one of his key supporters ... and the Boston Globe is going to court first thing Wednesday morning in an attempt to unseal the court file as well as lift a gag order ... TMZ has learned.

The divorce was between Staples co-founder Tom Stemberg and his first wife Maureen. We're told the divorce battle lasted for years and was extremely ugly.

Sources tell us Romney gave both a deposition in the divorce and testified in the trial. According to our sources, the Boston Globe got a tip that there was "juicy information about Romney" in the sealed documents.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/23/mitt-romney-divorce-thomas-stemberg-maureen-staples-gloria-allred-boston-globe/

Is this why Mitt was sweating so much during the debate? Why it had a "finale" feel for the Rmoney side? Why Ann was so weird about hugging him?

12 replies, 1586 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mitt Rmoney: Court Battle over his Involvement in Bitter Divorce (Original post)
riderinthestorm Oct 2012 OP
GDoyle Oct 2012 #1
dooner Oct 2012 #2
1StrongBlackMan Oct 2012 #4
WinkyDink Oct 2012 #6
1StrongBlackMan Oct 2012 #10
onenote Oct 2012 #11
1StrongBlackMan Oct 2012 #12
CthulhusEvilCousin Oct 2012 #3
aletier_v Oct 2012 #5
WinkyDink Oct 2012 #7
aletier_v Oct 2012 #9
larkrake Oct 2012 #8

Response to riderinthestorm (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:10 AM

1. I bet its related to this....

It appears Mitt testified in his friend Tom Stemberg's divorce, having been summonsed as a witness by Stemberg's lawyers. At that divorce, he testified Staples was "overvalued" and of course this hurt Mrs. Stemberg's divorce case as she was trying to get a piece of it....or the value of her piece of it in the divorce.

It was around the same time Romney was taking Staples public, offering it to the public, not revealing it was "overvalued" and bragging it was the investment he was most proud of:

http://tantmieux.squarespace.com/cyrano-tant-mieux-articles-old/2008/2/5/a-fish-out-of-water-mitt-romney-the-wanna-be-president.html

By the way, Romney is friends with Tom Stemberg to this day and Stemberg spoke at this year's GOP Convention.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to GDoyle (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:32 AM

2. interesting article...

This makes a lot more sense than all the wild rumors about love children and affairs.
I could see the Boston Globe is investigating evidence of perjury... or questionable behavior for his friend's financial gain
at least.

Reply to this post

Response to dooner (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:39 AM

4. Not perjury ...

FRAUD, i.e., the witholding of material misrepresentation of a fact related to the value of the company.

Reply to this post

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:40 AM

6. Under oath.

Reply to this post

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #6)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:35 PM

10. So ...

The question must be asked:

"Did you perjury yourself by giving false testimony at trial ... stating that Staples' valuation was overstated; or did you commit fraud in the Staples offering when you were trying to take it public?"

Personally, I hope it's the latter ... investment fraud is a felony; while perjury is general only a misdemeanor.

Reply to this post

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:39 PM

11. No, the is issue would be perjury not fraud.

Was trying to influence a court, not investors.

Reply to this post

Response to onenote (Reply #11)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:43 PM

12. Not necessarily so ...

If he stated, truthfully, that Staples' valuation was inflated (even if that testimony favored his buddy), that would NOT be perjury; it WOULD, however, be evidence of stock fraud since the public offering sheet contained the inflated valuations that his testimony indicated he knew was false.

IOW, it would only be perjury, if the Staples valuation was correct and accurate; and he falsely stated it was inflated.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:36 AM

3. Here is a strange article for your

perusal. I was doing a google search on Stemberg to see if he was a Mormon or not, as it would lead me to believe that maybe Mitt was throwing his Mormondom weight around. However, I found this weird article instead:

http://lenfaucher.blogspot.com/

Apparently, this is an article from a family member who was involved in some weird soap-opera, murder-suicide drama, and theft of business through legal abuse driven by Mittens, Tom Stemberg and company. Not sure how linked to Romney it really is, or if it is even true, but it sure leads me to believe we could find all sorts of soap-opera stuff Mitt might be involved in with Staples that would put the Spanish soap-operas my mother watches to great shame.

Reply to this post

Response to CthulhusEvilCousin (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:39 AM

5. It looks like Romney and Stemberg colluded

to screw somebody over, which they built into Staples.

Yes, that would explain why they're still friends.

Friends help you bury the body.

Reply to this post

Response to aletier_v (Reply #5)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:44 AM

7. Not "somebody"; the founder's wife. Who had and has Lupus. Who needed the health-care coverage her

husband sought to deny her, while he and Mitt conspired to reduce her divorce settlement based on the testimony of Mitt Romney, he of Bain, the ORIGINAL INVESTOR in Staples, of fraudulent "estimations" of the future value of Staples.

Reply to this post

Response to WinkyDink (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:55 AM

9. No, this happened before the wife

There was a previous company that Staples took over, OfficeLand.

It looks like Romney and Stemberg colluded to trick the owner in some way.

It sounds like Romney.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:54 AM

8. she wasnt hugging him, she was holding him so he wouldnt fall

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread