HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Confessions of a Hamptons...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 01:37 PM

Confessions of a Hamptons caddy: The billionaires aren't that good at golf

A caddy at a super-elite golf course has revealed the truth about his rich and powerful clients - they aren't particularly skilled when it comes to playing 18 holes.

Scott Werner is caddy at the elite East Hamptons Golf Club, New York where fees begin at $400,000. His book Caddy Tales lifts the lid on goings-on at the members-only club where clients have been known to cheat their way through 18 holes, storm off the course if they lose and even bring their pet poodles along in the golf bag.

Mr Werner told the New York Post: 'These are people controlling the financial world, and itís amazing, the things they say' before adding that he wasn't making fun of his rich clients but 'laughing with them'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214095/East-Hamptons-Golf-Club-caddy-reveals-secrets-billionaire-players.html#ixzz28jKiwzaq

4 replies, 895 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Confessions of a Hamptons caddy: The billionaires aren't that good at golf (Original post)
HiPointDem Oct 2012 OP
HopeHoops Oct 2012 #1
Wellstone ruled Oct 2012 #2
ieoeja Oct 2012 #3
HiPointDem Oct 2012 #4

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 01:59 PM

1. Other than friends and family, I've only played golf with Republicans. It's fucking boring.

Putting is my favorite part and they rarely bother and just move on to the next hole to avoid holding up the group behind (who's doing the same thing). I'll stick to the mini-golf courses, thank you.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 03:09 PM

2. Oye,

our youngest son used to make the same comments. He and other Caddies would make book on these guys,hey most times the tips would cover the wager. The worst were their wives,selfish,arrogant,and down right mean. Always trying to intimidate somebody. The kids use say,they must send these women to bitch school. Always making some degrading comments.

Reply to this post

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 03:56 PM

3. President of International Bank. CEO of one of the world's largest technology companies. #1 golfer.

I worked at a bank where the man who worked as President also worked simultaneously as CEO of one of the world's largest technology company and managed to become the top rated golf player among CEOs in the Midwest. You have to wonder how he made the time given all the work he must have been doing.

His major accomplishment at the bank - aside from the first layoffs ever; this bank went through the Great Depression without any layoffs, but couldn't manage the 1980s - was replacing all telecom devices. His major accomplishment at the technology company was landing the bank as a client for replacing all of their telecom devices. I can only suppose he conducted the negotations with himself on the golf course.

Those must have been some tough negotations.

Job creators like him clearly work so much harder and are so much smarter than the rest of us. They deserve to pay lower taxes!

Reply to this post

Response to ieoeja (Reply #3)

Mon Oct 8, 2012, 04:04 PM

4. :>)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread