HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » For all you Debbie Downer...

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:44 PM

For all you Debbie Downers and Sad Sams...

you are going to look pretty silly when Obama wins a landslide just one month from now.

Is there something in the air making everyone seem like they are giving up when the battle is already won? WTF is going on???

38 replies, 3704 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 38 replies Author Time Post
Reply For all you Debbie Downers and Sad Sams... (Original post)
graham4anything Oct 2012 OP
ananda Oct 2012 #1
Tennessee Gal Oct 2012 #2
zbdent Oct 2012 #3
cheriemedium59 Oct 2012 #4
demwing Oct 2012 #14
cheriemedium59 Oct 2012 #18
lunatica Oct 2012 #16
1springhill Oct 2012 #34
DURHAM D Oct 2012 #35
gateley Oct 2012 #5
roguevalley Oct 2012 #7
gateley Oct 2012 #12
gateley Oct 2012 #6
graham4anything Oct 2012 #8
gateley Oct 2012 #11
cheriemedium59 Oct 2012 #19
Tx4obama Oct 2012 #9
loyalsister Oct 2012 #25
Whisp Oct 2012 #10
Glitterati Oct 2012 #13
cheriemedium59 Oct 2012 #20
kentuck Oct 2012 #15
graham4anything Oct 2012 #21
Logical Oct 2012 #17
cali Oct 2012 #22
Unknown Beatle Oct 2012 #23
BumRushDaShow Oct 2012 #24
Liberal_in_LA Oct 2012 #29
porphyrian Oct 2012 #26
donqpublic Oct 2012 #27
graham4anything Oct 2012 #28
donqpublic Oct 2012 #33
Robyn66 Oct 2012 #30
bushisanidiot Oct 2012 #31
etherealtruth Oct 2012 #32
flvegan Oct 2012 #36
graham4anything Oct 2012 #37
JHB Oct 2012 #38

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:45 PM

1. Beats me.

Forward!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:50 PM

2. I have no idea. One bad debate does not a campaign make.

History tells us that.

7.8% was a great surprise.

And now the CBO announcement on the deficit.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43657

A lot of positive there. Both of those took away Romney talking points.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:03 PM

3. Personally, I don't like predicting landslides ...

I also want to have those predicting Mitt landslides to make very public showings of admitting they're wrong (if Myth loses).

Of course, those people seem to never call in to the shows where they made their predictions ... unless it's long after. And then, they deny it, especially if the host replays the original predictive call.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:07 PM

4. Love this thread because....

I keep trying to say... did we ever have a President Kerry or a President Hilary Clinton, who both one their first debate? Hell even Sen. Kerry won all 3 debates...

Plus the polls haven't changed that much after the debate and do not reflect polls after the new unemployment numbers!

I actually think President Obama won the debate. He was the calm factual one and Mittens ran his mouth off talking over the moderator looking like a spoiled child telling lie after lie. And in front of millions of people he said he wants to cut funding for PBS, putting Big Bird possibly on the unemployment line!

There are some pretty uninformed, disengaged citizens that just notice little things that are said in the media. Trust me...Romney saying he likes "Big Bird" may have ultimately cost him the election. (Along with everything else that comes out of his mouth.)

Reply to this post

Response to cheriemedium59 (Reply #4)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:01 PM

14. The Bird's A Whole New Meme

Mitt Romney just said he wanted to fire a part of our childhood. That cuts deep. Big Bird was one of the first "best friends" my children had outside of their family.

The things being discussed post-debate -

Obama Lost
Romney Lies
Romney Seriously Wants to Fire Big Bird

Which thing resonates most with you, emotionally?

Reply to this post

Response to demwing (Reply #14)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:25 PM

18. You are exactly right! That is what I see too...

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:08 PM

16. Romney loves Big Bird like ticks love dogs

To borrow a phrase and re-word it.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 12:24 AM

34. Here comes the anti-Obama media blitz:

On the yahoo home page, three different stories that are very anti Obama. I think the media onslaught may be beginning.

1. The "real" unemployment rate is really lousy.
http://news.yahoo.com/real-unemployment-rate-still-really-lousy-211815397.html

2. Jeff Greenfield piece (says a lot right there) about the warning signs Obama shouldn't ignore
http://news.yahoo.com/straws-in-the-wind-or-canaries-in-the-coal-mines--warning-signs-the-obama-campaign-shouldn%E2%80%99t-ignore.html

3. A story that tries to make democrats look really bad.
http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/stacey-dash-twitter-backlash-voicing-support-romney-170600904.html

Reply to this post

Response to 1springhill (Reply #34)

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 AM

35. Concerning isn't it?

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:09 PM

5. Nobody is giving up the battle. We all react in our own way and those who are concerned

Have every right to feel that way as do those who don't share those concerns.

Be nice.

Reply to this post

Response to gateley (Reply #5)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:12 PM

7. here here. gateley. I am really weary of people being denied their legitimate fears. We should

have a President Gore. I don't forget that. Ever. Hugs, gateley.

Reply to this post

Response to roguevalley (Reply #7)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:31 PM

12. Back at ya!

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:10 PM

6. And PS -- DUers are amazing at coming out and saying "I was wrong". Again, be nice.

Reply to this post

Response to gateley (Reply #6)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:19 PM

8. keep your eye on the prize(a cliche) but the one win we(I) care about is Nov.6, 2012

matters little to me any of the 4 debates, I said so in the past, I say it now and in the future, I for one wish they would do away with them.
It wastes time, when motivating the base is what is important, especially this year, where for all intents and purposes, there are no undecided voters to swing an election, no matter what the press says

and BTW-

don't forget about Gary Johnson, because 99% of his votes will come directly from Mitt
and mostly he is not included in polls or debates.
Gary is the Ralph of 2012, not that we need those votes but it might lead to some more house and senate.

And we need people to be positive for not only 2016, but we can win the house
(though some here say it is impossible), but every seat we win is one more than we had,
and it is looking like we will have 54-56 senate seats (assuming Warren wins).Something that no one thought would be the case a year ago.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #8)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:30 PM

11. I was wondering who Johnson was! On a Republican friend's FB page they were talking about him in

glowing terms. Someone posted "the only wasted vote is one you make that you don't believe in your heart -- I will be voting for Johnson"

Now that I know his first name, I'll go check him out. Hope there are a LOT of Republicans who feel that way!

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #8)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:27 PM

19. My daughter loves Gary Johnson..

We live in Iowa and he is on our ballot. However, she decided to vote for Obama early!

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:21 PM

9. Obama needs 270 electoral votes to win - I predict he will get 333 :) n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #9)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:38 PM

25. As Congressman Cleaver said

HOPE ON!!

We need to keep an optimistic attitude while continuing to register voters and GOTV etc.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:24 PM

10. just frayed nerves.

After 2000 there is no way I can just relax about the right thing/right votes being counted.

No matter how good it may look for Obama, there are those stinkin' bad Republicans that are proving they will do anything and say anything to stop him from second term.

Reply to this post

Response to Whisp (Reply #10)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:45 PM

13. Absolutely

We can NEVER let our guard down.

Reply to this post

Response to Whisp (Reply #10)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:28 PM

20. I have to admit I have PTSD from the Gore/Bush election too..

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:04 PM

15. Perchance..?

Did you also predict Obama would win the last debate in a knockout?

Reply to this post

Response to kentuck (Reply #15)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:49 PM

21. I believe I did, and I believe he did. You guys are the ones saying he didn't.

President Obama (though some here don't like the chess analogy) looks FORWARD and it isn't always easy to see.

Those wanting the lion or tiger vs. the gladiator don't get that from President Obama.
He is not 1850s or 1950s or 1999.

He is now.
Which is what makes him so great.

And again, like the Knights who say Ni, Mitt doesn't even know it is over for him, but it is.
Just like it was in 2008 for Hillary a few months before she conceded, wasting alot of time and money, though that time and money wasn't in the end needed, but it was exploited by the rightwing.

But the genius of Obama, he picked her for SOS and she became the single greatest SOS ever, and will get his backing in 2016 and 2020, making what we all want last so much longer than it would have had we not all come together.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 07:16 PM

17. Jesus, exaggerate much? Who the FUCK is giving up?

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:21 PM

22. That Obama will likely win, albeit not in a landslide

doesn't mean that criticism of his debate performance isn't valid.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:29 PM

23. WTF is going on?

Voter purges are going on. Rigged voting machines are going on. Valid photo ID's to vote are going on. Citizens United is going on. Stealing elections is going on. Yet you ask what's going on?

I'm worried big time is going on while the aforementioned is ongoing.

Reply to this post

Response to Unknown Beatle (Reply #23)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:35 PM

24. The President just raised $181 million in September alone

that is also what is going on.

Reply to this post

Response to Unknown Beatle (Reply #23)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 11:35 PM

29. The best solution to worry is action. Do what you can to help the election

Money, volunteering, vote early....

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:40 PM

26. If we all vote, and all of our votes are counted, the President will win this election. n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 08:58 PM

27. I prefer

Reggie Realist, though, my eldest brother calls me Carl Curmudgeon and the youngest calls me Donny Douche-bag.

Reply to this post

Response to donqpublic (Reply #27)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 11:29 PM

28. Do you find President Obama's Voters to be stupid?

the same voters that scored the #1 single biggest upset of all time in 2008?
Beating Hillary and then America's hero John McCain in one of the biggest landslides ever?

those voters?

What an insult to say Obama's voters are stupid and vapid.

These are not Bush41's voters.

This is not 1980

And you would think (from posts from the last year), that YOU ALL are Obama voters.

THEREFORE
ARE YOU STUPID YOURSELF???

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #28)

Tue Oct 9, 2012, 11:28 PM

33. Must I, Really

If you could not wrap your head around my sarcastic comments about MYSELF then perhaps you need to re-read or you replied to the wrong post. I am thinking it was the wrong post since I have no damn idea what you are referring to from my comments.

Good luck and good-night.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 11:37 PM

30. I think its going to be great!

I am betting on an early night and a larger vote than anticipated. We just need everyone to stay energized because they WILL try to steal it.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 09:44 AM

31. Agreed!

Nt

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 7, 2012, 09:54 AM

32. I haven't seen the doom and gloom you write about

Obama's debate performance was lackluster and uninspiring ... He had an off night and is capable of much better.

A critique of one poor performance does not equate to a lack of support or "doom and gloom."

If you are not talking about criticism about Obama's debate performance then I can't fathom what you are talking about.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 12:53 AM

36. *applause* Here since February, everyone!!!

Already won? You got the in?

Moron. Troll elsewhere. Grownups are talking.

Go ahead...alert and ban.

Reply to this post

Response to flvegan (Reply #36)

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 04:50 AM

37. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.-Vince Lombardi

Last edited Wed Oct 10, 2012, 07:54 AM - Edit history (1)

I figure I guess you don't know me.

my board name is Graham4anything, and is a tribute to one of my heroes, Bob Graham, Senator and Gov. of Florida.(whom I believe should have been VP at anytime in 2000, 2004, 2008 and then still today in 2012).Florida would have been ours without a doubt in a landslide had Al Gore picked Bob.

I was posting elsewhere (CGCS) since Nov. 2004, but the site unexpectedly closed down and disappeared in Feb.2012 (you cannot even find much cache in google for it) I had over 80,000 posts there, the second most of any non-moderator/administrator in that board's history.

I was one of the few Democratics in that place by the end, filled with people who were libertarians and not what they appeared to be, including some government workers at the very end I believe.

It was the off-shoot of the old original John Kerry board I signed after Howard Dean got out of the race by the phony "scream" issue (yet another time backers got timid and negative and sold Howard down the river.)

I had over 80,000 posts at that place and never needed to go elsewhere then, because what little time I had to post was spent there (and besides, people had cut/pasted my posts and put elsewhere.

I was also on the Draft Al Gore board in early 2003 and continued on that board til Al himself said he wasn't running, and please stop with the Draft. That board then continued under a different name, sort of a pirate version still exists with posts very sparatic.

But I did not have time to post the same stuff in 3 places, and I had acquired friends there and remained there.
(a big shoutout to the late Mr.Jim who passed away now about 2 years ago I think, perhaps my favorite poster I ever ran into on the internet).

I always read here at DU, but never signed up until after the first board I am talking about disappeared from the face of the internet. (and that board actually was one you had to pay a subscription to monthly/yearly.)

So, no I am not a moron. I am not a troll as you so called me. (but hey, you are free to write whatever you want my friend.)

And I believe in positive thinking, and that making one's morale low, lowers everyone.

A Glass is half empty.
A Glass is half full.

I would prefer to see the glass as half full, especially as we only need 192 electoral
votes before 1045 pm EASTERN time on 11/6/2012 to acquire the lease to the White house for another 4 years.
(if you wish, I will explain my math.)

I fully expect over 230 electoral votes by that time, but anything over 192 is gravy on my mashed taters.

192 is the magic number before 1045pm eastern time. Keep that number in mind to refer to it then.

And you don't need to call me a troll.

Thank you very much (the thank you is said using the voice of Eric Idle in one of his most delicious songs)

And remember what Vince Lombardi said- the debate is nothing.

"Winning is not everything, it's the only thing"
and
"Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all-time thing"

and by the way- I was out there in person at the courthouse in Nov. 2000 in Florida protesting the treatment of Al Gore
And not many others were.
(Kudos to the great courthouse clerk, Craig Waters, great person, and oh how he made me cry tears of laughter when he came out and read both verdicts of the Florida Supremes.

And I was out there at the courthouse in DC in Dec. 2000 on the side of Al Gore.

The thing is, it was quite lonely there. Almost ZERO Al Gore supporters. I had his back.

Did you kid?

Where were you during the debachle of 2000? Where it seemed nobody cared, everyone it appeared must have agreed with Ralph Nader that Bush and Gore were one and the same, because nobody was at the courthouses, nobody but phony Brooks Brother agitators from Tom DeLay's office in Texas even appeared at the recount never done to stop it...where was our side to stop them from doing what the court asked for?(Florida court). So before you judge please ask!

And as there were 1000s of posters on that other site, all of them may tell you I am obnoxious, I might be to some an asshole, but that what I say is true and my belief, and that i have and always will be a democratic supporter,

I backed JFK, LBJ,(whom I adore and looks greater and greater as the years go on), HHH, McGovern(though I knew he couldn't win), Jimmy Carter, Jimmy Carter(though I love Teddy and thought he was the best of all the Kennedy's because he actually achieeved what the two others only dreamed, Mondale, was and is a major Jerry Brown fan the three times he ran, voted twice for Jesse Jackson for President, and loved the idea of Brown/Jackson before smears ended that dream,Bob Graham(my board name is in honor of Sen/Gov. Bob Graham (who was the single most popular person in Florida, even more popular than Mickey Mouse(wink to those who heard me say that phrase oh so often in 2004), Howard Dean, Al Gore, and I daily wear my Barach Obama button.... and the Button says BARACK OBAMA 2004...that is NOT a typo- that is from 2004, 4 years before he ran in 2008 I was a fan, did you even know Mr. Obama at that time?, and I 100% want and support Hillary Rodham Clinton45 in 2016 and 2020. (the 45 indicates her president number when she wins.)

I feel like I am at the McCarthy searching for reds hearings like my fellow Jewish people were having to tell my credentials.

Peace. Like I said when I was protesting in person, the Vietnam War way back in the early 1970s.

And my most passionate issues are Civil Rights (which is why I so admire LBJ for doing what he did, when he did not have to, and it used up so much of his capital), and Women's rights and Gay rights, and Immigration rights(I want 100% amnesty and full citizenship quickly).

I am 100% anti-gun, anti-bullet, and anti-NRA. If you see me in the gun threads, it is only to argue against it. Let me make that perfectly clear that I think people are misinterpreting the second and one day with a less conservative draconian court, common sense will prevail. Thank you.

I most feel like in the movies, Juror #8 in 12 Angry Men. And I am a NY Met and NY Jet and bowling and tennis fan.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 04:57 AM

38. Bookmarking

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread