HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Obama and Democrats raise...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 03:59 PM

Obama and Democrats raise record funds, poll holds steady

some better news for a change. keep fingers crossed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/06/us-usa-campaign-obama-idUSBRE89509B20121006

20 replies, 1599 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama and Democrats raise record funds, poll holds steady (Original post)
7worldtrade Oct 2012 OP
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #1
landolfi Oct 2012 #19
Kber Oct 2012 #2
Logical Oct 2012 #6
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #7
Logical Oct 2012 #8
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #9
Logical Oct 2012 #10
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #11
Logical Oct 2012 #13
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #15
Logical Oct 2012 #16
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #17
Logical Oct 2012 #20
gateley Oct 2012 #12
Logical Oct 2012 #14
ywcachieve Oct 2012 #3
Jack Sprat Oct 2012 #4
ywcachieve Oct 2012 #5
ananda Oct 2012 #18

Response to 7worldtrade (Original post)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:04 PM

1. Thank you 7WorldTrade...

Too many concerned folks posting negative stories and glossing over the good. Obama will be fine. This race isn't going to shift on one debate performance.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #1)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:46 PM

19. Exactly

Among many other advantages, POTUS still can leverage the MSM. R$ has been avoiding the "gotcha" MSM and sticking to interviews on Fox because the MSM isn't throwing him softballs.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:05 PM

2. Oh, but we LIKE our freak-outs.

We're democrats. Too much good news can be disorienting.

(Thanks for the link, btw. My favorite line: "However, Romney's strong showing in Denver did little to convince more voters he understands them or is a "good person," according to a Reuters/Ipsos survey released on Saturday.")

Reply to this post

Response to Kber (Reply #2)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:23 PM

6. BS, we also like to ignore reality. We got our asses handed to us this week. We need to learn ....

a lesson for the next 2 debates.

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #6)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:31 PM

7. Yes...because you and I are going to debate Romney, right?

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #7)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:35 PM

8. No Einstein....

Obama is. And I have made phone calls and sent him over $500. Maybe his ass can be prepared and not waste our efforts to get him elected.

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #8)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:39 PM

9. Oh get over yourself...

I'm sure you're just perfect in everything you do, right? He's the fucking President of the United States ... who also happens to be running for reelection. He's got quite a lot on his plate ... he's bound to fuck it up every once in a while.

But then there's you ... the perfect being who gave $500 to the Obama campaign. Let me bow down to your greatness.

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #9)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:45 PM

10. Let me bow down to your lack of understanding how we can still lose this election.....

People like you think we have this damn thing wrapped up. Maybe because you never look at anything but the DU.

I never expect Obama to be perfect, hell, he has done plenty wrong in the last 4 years. Many things.

But his ass needs to be more prepared for the next 2 debates. He needs to fix what he did wrong in the last one.

Is that hard to understand for you? When you do poorly, you improve next time. Easy concept to understand.

So "pretending" things went well this week is not what I call a good plan.

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #10)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:51 PM

11. Who's pretending anything?

There is absolutely no point in getting so worked up that we're all in a goddamn tizzy. That does no one any good. What we say here at DU isn't going to impact Obama's performance one way or another. He'll either bounce back or he won't. Like I said, we're not the ones debating ... but I'm not going to freak out and say the polls are shifting and Obama is in trouble and OMG! WE'RE DOOMED!

Give me a break. Stop acting like your shit don't stink and stop acting like Obama is some teenager in need of a harsh scolding by some lame-ass on a fucking message board.

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #11)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:59 PM

13. LOL, who is in a "tizzy" except you? Calm down. No one is saying we are doomed. But we got our....

asses kicked this week. Face it.

You are the only one throwing a fit.

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #13)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:10 PM

15. I don't face anything...

You need to get a grip with the whole 'we got our asses kicked' 'Obama's ass needed to be more prepared...'

blah, blah, blah. Seems you have an obsession with asses. Obama had a poor debate performance. Oh well. It happens ALL THE TIME. But some DUers have gone to the extreme suggesting THIS cost him the election and that he's blowing it. Give me a break.

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #15)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:15 PM

16. There are as many DUers acting like this is 100% not bad as there are saying we are doomed! Both...

are WRONG!

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #16)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:37 PM

17. It's not bad...

It really isn't. I promise you. No president has ever lost reelection because of a poor debate performance. People are falling for the media narrative that debates matter. I promise you ... I swear to you ... Obama is not going to lose this election because of last Wednesday.

I'll tell you, I was far more worried about the jobs report than the debate because that will have a lasting impression on the race than one debate. YES, Romney is going to get a bump ... but historically, those bumps do not last. If this is all it took to beat Obama, he was going to lose regardless. And I don't think he's going to lose ... so, I suspect this debate will move the needle temporarily but not change the dynamics of this race.

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #17)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 06:05 PM

20. OK, I hope you are right. It makes me nervous. n-t

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #10)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:59 PM

12. I think they may have been as stunned as we were by the out-of-the-blue 180 Romney pulled.

The next day Obama was on it .. "Last night I met with a fellow who CLAIMED to be Mitt Romney..." And he's keeping it up.

I'm pretty confident they've learned and are preparing accordingly. I'm actually looking forward to their next meeting. . I was somewhat uneasy this time because I'd watched a Kennedy/Romney debate and was astounded by how good a show Romney put on.

Agree that it's not in the bag, but more because hate/fear are strong motivators. I won't breathe easy until Obama is declared the winner in November.

Reply to this post

Response to gateley (Reply #12)

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:01 PM

14. I agree with you. I have no doubt they will be ready. I just want them to realize this...

was not a good week. Many on the DU think it didn't hurt us when it did.

I will be holding my breath with you!!

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:08 PM

3. My support for President Obama has held steady, too.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:14 PM

4. Yes.

But you notice the big bump in contributions that Romney got in the 48 hours following the debate. If for no other reason, Obama needs a strong showing in the upcoming townhall style debate to stem the enthusiasm for Romney's donors, and to give his own donors (including DU) new energy for the closing month.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:19 PM

5. A video on President Obama's vision.

It is great, pass it on.

&feature=player_embedded

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 6, 2012, 05:41 PM

18. So all Romney did was fire up his base to give some money.

But he got very little in the way of votes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread