HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Obama challenged Romney's...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:45 AM

Obama challenged Romney's lies

Obama repeatedly challenged Romney on his lies about his tax plan, reinforcing that it is a $5 trillion tax cut with no way to pay for it than by removing deductions that hurt the middle class.

Obama called Romney out on the $716 billion "cut" to Medicare to fund Obamacare lie, explaining that it is a reduction of expenses and that seniors benefit additional savings like no copays on check ups and increased prescription benefits.

Obama also called out Romney's lie regarding per existing conditions and emphasized that Romney has a pattern of behavior of saying one thing while his plans say just what the far Right wants.

9 replies, 1017 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama challenged Romney's lies (Original post)
berni_mccoy Oct 2012 OP
still_one Oct 2012 #1
humanrights Oct 2012 #2
Ecumenist Oct 2012 #4
Heather MC Oct 2012 #7
skeewee08 Oct 2012 #3
RichGirl Oct 2012 #5
berni_mccoy Oct 2012 #6
Lisa D Oct 2012 #8
highprincipleswork Oct 2012 #9

Response to berni_mccoy (Original post)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:46 AM

1. You are the first post I have read tonight on DU that is pointing that out /nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to humanrights (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:53 AM

4. Tell me, just how was he going to accomplish this these things when at EVERY, MOTHER

FUCKING TURN, the republicans blocked EVERY BLOODY THING HE TRIED TO DO? Funny how republicans forget to mention that part of it.

Reply to this post

Response to humanrights (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:56 AM

7. Guantanamo prison didn't close because Congress didn't want it close, It's late

I don't have the energy to debunk your entire post I am going to bed
enjoy your stay at DU

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:47 AM

3. Thank u berni

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:54 AM

5. Obama also....

Called him out on not having a plan on anythin. Whenever Romney's asked about a plan he says he's going to sit down with congress and work it out. Obama told him he has to have a plan before sitting down.

Also...when Romney kept bragging about how he worked so well with the other side in Mass...Obama pointed out that it was because the other side was 80% democrats. It's easy to work on democratic plans with democrats!

I thought he made a lot of good points. I don't know why everyone expected him to be pushy and obnoxious.

Obama was presidential...Romney sounded like a campaign ad.

Reply to this post

Response to RichGirl (Reply #5)

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 12:55 AM

6. Thanks for these additional points. Well done.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 01:03 AM

8. Romney wanted a fight

but Obama was smart enough not to take the bait. There's the old saying by George Bernard Shaw: "Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and the pig likes it."

Romney might have won style points because people like to watch pig fights, but that doesn't mean they're going to vote for the pig.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 4, 2012, 01:54 AM

9. He did, but...

He did challenge him consistently on his lies, but ended up looking "schooled", as etch a sketch changed his positions and lied in front of our eyes.

How does an uninformed public take this, except that the bully won the fight.

Now, we can hope, over time, that these lies will be uncovered, with some difference in people's minds. But there seems no reason to get bloodied in this way.

&feature=player_embedded

This is the video that shows a great way to counter the lies.

How about a technique of reading his words back to him. Could he get Mitt to blow his gasket, something like Jack Nicholson did in "A Few Good Men"? That would be worth the price of admission.

What are your thoughts?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread