HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Vision impairment, comput...

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 06:24 PM

Vision impairment, computers and the internet, just a thought

I have come across some USB to HDMI adapters for 20 to 30 dollars. A person would be able to put 1080p video, "desktop/laptop screen on their 32, 40, 50, 55, 60 inch or whatever television set so that reading might be easier. I will be playing that puzzle moppet game in this fashion, however don't think you are going to be able to game with a USB to HDMI converter since the CPU has to do most of the work and graphics intensive games will stutter.

This is just a FYI for those who may be having a hard time with small computer screens making reading difficult. I found mine on Amazon.

ON EDIT TO ADD: Wireless keyboard and mouse while not absolutely necessary would be a plus.

&feature=related

2 replies, 390 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Vision impairment, computers and the internet, just a thought (Original post)
2on2u Oct 2012 OP
RC Oct 2012 #1
2on2u Oct 2012 #2

Response to 2on2u (Original post)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 07:30 PM

1. My experience doing that is the picture on the screen is a little fuzzy, as in a little

out of focus looking because the computer screen was never meant to be blown up to be that big.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RC (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 07:35 PM

2. These adapters are capable of 1080p... this article might explain some issues you

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread