HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why Romney is an evil man
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 07:30 AM

Why Romney is an evil man

When I read this article it just filled me with distain for Romney. Nothing he ever says rings true or right to my ear and now I understand why he really thinks he is something so special and we are so nothing. Everything he says has to be examined under a microscope because he doesn't speak the language of normal everyday people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/mitt-romney-95-percent-video_n_1900608.html?utm_hp_ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=092112&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

5 replies, 907 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Laurajr (Original post)

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 07:43 AM

1. The Romneys are spoiled people.

They live in a bubble with other spoiled people.

It really isn't because they are rich, there are many rich people who are not like them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 07:48 AM

2. "I'll tell ya, there is -- 95 percent of life is set up for you if you're born in this country."

What the hell are you talking about, Mittens, you asshole?

If that statement we even remotely true, the poverty rate in this country would be almost nonexistent.

I despise Romney for so many reasons, but that attitude is at the top.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 07:54 AM

3. Just the fact that he claims to have built his success from nothing shows...

...the depth of his ignorance.

Rmoney is completely unaware of the advantages he's had because of his family's money and power, which gave him a stable and luxurious home, great clothes, plenty of nutritional food, excellent healthcare, first-rate schooling, a million dollars worth of stock, and lots of connections.

Reply to this post

Response to polichick (Reply #3)

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 08:54 AM

4. You're right, it's the connections as much as anything

Doors are always open to him. Look at George W....on his own, he'd have been working in a car wash, while on parole.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 08:59 AM

5. It's just a clever way of claiming that *he* is responsible for his success relative to other Americ

He's basically saying that his parents' wealth and connections only gave him a 5% advantage over other Americans! Amazing.

Let alone the fact that he always assumes money is the measure of success, or that it doesn't matter how you make your money as long as you make it. Does he not realize there are millions of Americans who choose not to play that game?

This is a man in serious denial.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread