HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mitt Romney Condemns Chic...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Sep 10, 2012, 11:56 PM

Mitt Romney Condemns Chicago Teachers Union Over Strike

WASHINGTON -- GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney condemned the Chicago Teachers Union for the high-profile strike it launched Monday, accusing it of betraying the city's children.

"I am disappointed by the decision of the Chicago Teachers Union to turn its back on not only a city negotiating in good faith but also the hundreds of thousands of children relying on the city’s public schools to provide them a safe place to receive a strong education," Romney said in a statement. "Teachers unions have too often made plain that their interests conflict with those of our children, and today we are seeing one of the clearest examples yet."

Romney went a step further in the statement, assuming that President Barack Obama was standing with the union on the strike, even though neither the White House nor the Obama campaign has taken a position on the stoppage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/mitt-romney-chicago-teachers-union-strike_n_1870942.html

3 replies, 1039 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mitt Romney Condemns Chicago Teachers Union Over Strike (Original post)
HiPointDem Sep 2012 OP
appleannie1 Sep 2012 #1
progressivebydesign Sep 2012 #2
roguevalley Sep 2012 #3

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Mon Sep 10, 2012, 11:57 PM

1. He is the only one allowed to make money in Robmeland.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Sep 11, 2012, 12:03 AM

2. THIS. This is going to be Romney's attempt at a comeback. Trust me.

This is the thing they've been waiting for... they are going to put all their eggs in this basket, and right now, Between donuts, Karl Rove is devising a plan to destroy the President using this strike.

They have been waiting for something.. and have tried everything. This situation is so nuanced, that it's hard for America to really grasp which side they're supposed to be on. The attitude on the news boards is that teachers are "overpaid and should be grateful." But then you have the "parents are whiney and the kids are spoiled" and "unions are evil." but "kids should be in school," too!!

So the R/R ticket is going to go there. They've already come out and said that they "STAND WITH RAHM!!" on this. They are siding with Rahm to divide the Democrats, and make this into something worse than it is.

I'm going with this.. I believe that this is going to be their hail Mary pass, the big "game changer." They are working into the night trying to figure out how to paint the President as a "union thug from Chicago." But.. the President's campaign is too smart, as is Rahm. They are not going to let the strike go on indefinitely...

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 11, 2012, 01:46 AM

3. another reason to vote dem

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread