HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sen. Lindsey Graham Says ...

Thu Aug 30, 2012, 08:33 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Republicans ‘Not Generating Enough Angry White Guys

You only have to take one quick glance at the delegates in attendance at the RNC in Tampa, where only two percent are black, to tell that they belong to a party that’s reportedly 92 percent white. The party basically had to put an ad out on Craig’s List (and not for anonymous sex this time) to find enough minority speakers for its convention. Perhaps realizing that his party is become the party of your racist uncle in the attic, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) bemoaned the Republican party’s lack of homogeneity.

“The demographics race we’re losing badly ,”the senior senator from South Carolina explained. “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long-term.” (Raw Story)

How do you suppose the GOP generate more angry white guys, Sen. Graham? Perhaps Rush Limbaugh could give out free truck nuts and Budweiser at NASCAR events?

The GOP may not be generating angry white men, but its ranks are surely replete with them. Further, Mitt Romney and his best campaign that Citizen United money can buy is surely doing everything in its power to ensure that angry white men, particularly lower to middle-income ones, will vote for Romney in November. Indeed, a multimillionaire patrician of a privileged background feels your pain and really would like for you to vote against your economic self-interest. Case in point; flagrantly lying about President Obama gutting work requirement for welfare and running ads that show blue-collar white workers (you know, the ones that Romney loved to fire) toiling as misleading quotes about Obama defying the 1996 welfare reform requirement and doling out welfare checks willy-nilly. Of course President Obama has done no such thing and, in fact, gave Republicans the very thing they love in the form of states rights by giving them more flexibility regarding the work requirements.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/30/sen-lindsey-graham-says-republicans-not-generating-enough-angry-white-guys/

5 replies, 2674 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Republicans ‘Not Generating Enough Angry White Guys (Original post)
MrScorpio Aug 2012 OP
Siwsan Aug 2012 #1
Guy Whitey Corngood Aug 2012 #2
WCGreen Aug 2012 #3
muntrv Aug 2012 #4
fascisthunter Aug 2012 #5

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Thu Aug 30, 2012, 08:47 PM

1. I'm thinking an increasing number of white guys are angry AT the rethugs

Now, if he'd said MAD, as in INSANE white guys, then I'd say he has a valid point

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 30, 2012, 08:51 PM

2. And as usual the Democrats are gonna let this go. If Chuck Schummer ever said something

similar to this we'd be hearing about it non stop.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 30, 2012, 08:52 PM

3. The demographics don't look that great for the GOP in the coming days....

this might be the election that show the GOP is in big trouble unless they start reaching out to minority voters and women.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 30, 2012, 09:45 PM

4. Lindsey! Are you saying not enough white guys are fucking and producing babies?

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 30, 2012, 09:46 PM

5. please god give me this man, so I can bring him to an all black neighborhood...

...to be forced to explain himself to everyone living there. Just a day is all I ask.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread