HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Public Education as "...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 29, 2012, 09:39 AM

Public Education as "Government Schools"

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/neal-boortz-blames-public-schools-obamas-el

Evidently, nothing is good enough for today's GOP/Tea Party. If the education a vast majority of Americans received resulted in the election of Barack Obama, then there must be something wrong with public education. At least, that's the reasoning of one Neal Boortz; obviously an intellectual of the highest order and a self-described "expert" on public education. I'm sure that his solution is to turn public education over to private corporations who will give an "appropriate" education to all. This disease that is "privatization" of government services needs to be stopped in its tracks. I take extreme exception to the idea that I somehow have been "brainwashed" by my public school education. Oh wait, now I know what the problem is; I was taught "critical thinking"!!! That makes it possible for me to question authority and the bulls*** of "experts like Neal Boortz!!! No wonder the GOP/Tea Party want to outlaw the teaching of critical thinking!!!

0 replies, 500 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread