Fri Aug 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
maddezmom (133,483 posts)
7 Birthers Speaking At The Republican Convention plus Romney make it 8 Birthers
Last edited Fri Aug 24, 2012, 04:57 PM - Edit history (1)
By Annie-Rose Strasser, Aviva Shen and Josh Israel on Aug 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm
Mitt Romney’s invocation of birtherism on Friday took his campaign to a new level of involvement with the bogus idea that President Obama is actually Kenyan-born and therefore ineligible to serve as Commander-in-Chief. But that dog-whistle theory has already been embraced by many major Republicans with whom Romney has long been happy to consort.
Indeed, as Republicans head down to Tampa for their convention next week, they are preparing to see a veritable festival of politicians who have dabbled in — or fully embraced — birtherism.
Here are the members of the birther bunch who will be speaking in Tampa next week:
1. Donald Trump. The famed billionaire/birther king Donald Trump has been the most vociferous — and most closely connected to Romney — person alleging that the President wasn’t born in the United States.
2. Actress Janine Turner. The Northern Exposure star who has her own conservative radio show wrote a long screed titled “Reasoning ‘Kenyan Born.’” In it, she complains that anyone who questions the president’s citizenship is deemed a racist: “If this were a legal case in court, book bio stating that Obama was ‘born in Kenya’ would be taken into consideration.”
3. Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens. During a town hall captured on video (at 3:5), Olens said, “You know the state of Hawaii says he’s produced a certified birth certificate… so on one hand I have to trust the state of Hawaii follows the laws. On the other hand it would be nice for the President to say, here it is, I have a copy.”
Be the heroine of your life, not the victim. - Nora Ephron
9 replies, 2685 views
7 Birthers Speaking At The Republican Convention plus Romney make it 8 Birthers (Original post)
Response to Cha (Reply #1)
Fri Aug 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Whisp (20,937 posts)
2. I was just watching a re-run of Mitt's Birther moment
and saw a nun in her habit in the background cheering and smiling him on.
you think since Nuns on a Bus against Ryan was a recent topic the Romney camp hired a nun costume to sit there?
Response to Whisp (Reply #2)
Fri Aug 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cha (134,311 posts)
5. That's funny... nothing is
out of bounds for their cornored rabid rat, desperate lashings.
"A nun" who eggs on racist lies? hmmm
I Love It when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is President!
Response to maddezmom (Original post)
Fri Aug 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
nolabear (17,097 posts)
3. I see their true colors are shining through. White, white, white, white, etc.
...and Lord, we lifted over the Delta, carried together on the broad, unbroken back of the blues.