HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tea Party rich boy Eric H...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Aug 14, 2012, 11:42 PM

Tea Party rich boy Eric Hovde loses to Tommy Thompson in WI Senate Primary

Thompson, former Wisconsin governor and Cabinet secretary, wins Republican US Senate primary

MADISON, Wis. — Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson has won the Republican nomination for a U.S. Senate seat the party is trying to capture for the first time in more than five decades.

The ex-governor and Health and Human Services secretary under President George W. Bush defeated three GOP rivals during Tuesday’s primary.

It marked Thompson’s first time on the ballot since 1998. He advances to face Democrat Tammy Baldwin in the Nov. 6 election.

The seat became open following the retirement of Democrat Herb Kohl.

The win follows a blistering primary in which hedge fund investor Eric Hovde invested nearly $5 million of his own money into the race. U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann and state Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald also sought the GOP nomination.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/thompson-former-wisconsin-governor-and-cabinet-secretary-wins-republican-us-senate-primary/2012/08/14/1898b28a-e689-11e1-9739-eef99c5fb285_story.html

Hovde has a ton of money and is as bad as our other senator, Tea Partier Ron Johnson.

2 replies, 838 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tea Party rich boy Eric Hovde loses to Tommy Thompson in WI Senate Primary (Original post)
undeterred Aug 2012 OP
Freddie Aug 2012 #1
ProudToBeBlueInRhody Aug 2012 #2

Response to undeterred (Original post)

Wed Aug 15, 2012, 12:11 AM

1. Didn't Hovde say something incredibly offensive to women?

I mean, way beyond the standard issue Repug offensiveness? I vaguely recall that name (not from FL)...thanks!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to undeterred (Original post)

Wed Aug 15, 2012, 12:13 AM

2. Unfortunately, Thompson likely has the better chance to win the general....

....I would assume....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread