HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WHOO-HOO: Tea Party WANTS...

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:49 PM

WHOO-HOO: Tea Party WANTS Romney FURTHER To The RIGHT

MORE TO THE RIGHT MITTWITT, MORE TO THE RIGHT!!....

The Tea Party, recently considered a joke in political and social circles, is fresh off the Texas win of Ted Cruz and feeling cocky. In fact, Tea Party conservatives are already saying Romney needs to move more to the right–despite Obama’s lead in the polls that is mostly due to independents and other moderate voters.

In fact, a spokeswoman (Andrea Shell) for a Tea Party affiliate, Freedom Works, said the following according to a Yahoo News article: ”If we can elect a really conservative House and Senate that will force Romney to go along with our bold conservative agenda,” Shell said. “He’s going to have to really, really go to the right. He’ll be working with guys in the House and Senate. He won’t be able to get away with too many middle of the road policies, especially on things like the deficit.”

That’s just silly, considering the tax policy Romney already wants to put in place. However, the likeliness of the Senate, House, and Oval Office all being filled with conservatives is relatively low, and Shell’s fantasy government is probably just a pipe dream. A researcher at the conservative think tank AEI (American Enterprise Institute For Public Policy Research) said the following to ABC News, “It’s not going to be a Romney driven presidency. It’s going to be a Congressional, conservative, Republican driven presidency from Congress.”

While I agree that anything Congressional is likely from Congress, I somehow doubt his assertion about the Presidency. I also doubt the American people as a whole would support any serious presidential candidate with Tea Party ties.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/02/further/

6 replies, 1049 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply WHOO-HOO: Tea Party WANTS Romney FURTHER To The RIGHT (Original post)
Segami Aug 2012 OP
liberal N proud Aug 2012 #1
fascisthunter Aug 2012 #2
Initech Aug 2012 #3
pinboy3niner Aug 2012 #4
AlinPA Aug 2012 #5
hifiguy Aug 2012 #6

Response to Segami (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:54 PM

1. Go Romney, GO!

That is the only time I am going to say that!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:58 PM

2. people should ask if they want us in ovens

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 10:15 PM

3. Ugh!! Why? Every time we move further to the right it's one disaster after another.

Stop it!!!

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 10:22 PM

4. Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 10:39 PM

5. He's already at the far right. He is no different than Santorum, Bachmann, Gingrich, Perry

and the rest of the far right. Hell, any more and he will be going to KKK meetings, telling racial jokes and calling the President a native of Kenya.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 10:48 PM

6. Beautiful. The Mittanic isn't sinking fast enough,

so these evolutionary throwbacks start drilling more holes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread