HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Auburn Regional Medical C...

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:51 PM

Auburn Regional Medical Center to lay off 827 employees

http://www.federalwaymirror.com/news/164783076.html

Auburn Regional Medical Center will lay off 827 employees, effective Sept. 28, according to a notice posted Wednesday on the Washington State Employment website.

Auburn Regional is not commenting on the report at this time.

The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) act requires companies with 100 or more employees to notify affected workers 60 days prior to closures and layoffs.

MultiCare Health System, a regional, nonprofit integrated health system headquartered in Tacoma, purchased the hospital and clinic assets of Auburn Regional Medical Center from Universal Health Services Inc., a corporation based in King of Prussia, Pa.

Universal Health Services said the proceeds of the sale, which was first announced in early May, was to be approximately $98 million. The deal was expected to close this fall after regulators issue their approval.

1 replies, 567 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Auburn Regional Medical Center to lay off 827 employees (Original post)
rsmith6621 Aug 2012 OP
Butterbean Aug 2012 #1

Response to rsmith6621 (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 08:04 PM

1. Well that's scary as hell.

My small community hospital just got bought out by a large hospital system. I hope we don't get laid off and then have to re-apply for our jobs. I guess that's just the reality I'll have to deal with, suck as it may.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread