HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ...God is in the nuggets....

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 10:28 AM

...God is in the nuggets...

God is in the nuggets

Sitting in their idling cars with the AC running, they waited their turn to take communion in the form of a typical American factory-farmed chicken breast laced with all the natural goodness of antibiotics, Benadryl, and arsenic (sorry, "organic" arsenic), then rolled in white flour, powdered sugar, butter, salt and deep fried.

In a matter of days, we've seen the meteoric rise of a brand new symbol of moral righteousness: the greasy fast food bag. Long thought of as mere garbage, this former agent of death is now the exulted symbol of a desperate people's moral compass (life imitates art). Politicians like Sarah Palin and Lindsey Graham proudly pose with it (oblivious to how gay their photo opps actually came off). I imagine Republicans will soon be signing pledges of loyalty to their chicken god.

The scenes were repulsive. Supposedly civilized people turning to the drive-through window for a super-sized order of malnutrition, warped spirituality, and bigoted political discourse. (Obesity and arteriosclerosis all being part of God's plan, praise the Lord.)

Though not a God you or I might be familiar with. Rather, a cheap fast-faith God who shares their prejudices, along with free refills of hate and intolerance.

1 replies, 554 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply ...God is in the nuggets... (Original post)
kpete Aug 2012 OP
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #1

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 11:22 AM

1. Just keep thinking "natural selection".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread