HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Once again from the why d...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:32 PM

Once again from the why do Republican think taxes are a punishment file?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rubio-bill-olympic-prize-money-tax-exempt-195422749.html

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio introduced a bill Wednesday that would exempt Americans competing in the Olympic Games from paying taxes on the financial spoils of their victory. "Athletes representing our nation overseas in the Olympics shouldn't have to worry about an extra tax bill waiting for them back home," Rubio said in a statement. "We can all agree that these Olympians who dedicate their lives to athletic excellence should not be punished when they achieve it."

You win a gold you get 25 K and a gold medal. The medal is taxed at 675 $ value and the money well is taxed as money. Seriously if my work paid me in honorarium instead of salary would Rubio claim the government is punishing me by taxing my reward for working. Wait they do that too. Dear Republican idiots taxes are not a punishment. There is no difference paying taxes on salary than this prize money. I am sick of the Republicans taxes are a punishment talking point.

3 replies, 593 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Once again from the why do Republican think taxes are a punishment file? (Original post)
Johonny Aug 2012 OP
Angry Dragon Aug 2012 #1
dballance Aug 2012 #2
deaniac21 Aug 2012 #3

Response to Johonny (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:50 PM

1. Republicans have a great deal of trouble thinking things

through to their conclusion

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Angry Dragon (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 07:01 PM

2. You could have stopped w/ "Republicans have a great deal of trouble thinking"

Reply to this post

Response to Johonny (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 07:03 PM

3. They should be taxed

at 50 % or higher.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread