HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » NCAA Picks Former Sen. Ge...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:28 PM

NCAA Picks Former Sen. George Mitchell as PSU Integrity Monitor

AP - STATE COLLEGE - Former U.S. Sen. George Mitchell will serve as the independent athletics integrity monitor at Penn State for the NCAA.

The NCAA announced Mitchell's five-year appointment on Wednesday. He begins immediately.

The NCAA says Mitchell will evaluate Penn State's compliance with NCAA sanctions and the integrity agreement with the NCAA and Big Ten. College sports' governing body says Mitchell will have "broad access to campus, personnel and records" and make any recommendations necessary for Penn State to comply with its requirements.

Mitchell will prepare quarterly reports for the NCAA, Big Ten and Penn State trustees.

http://triblive.com/news/2322808-74/ncaa-mitchell-state-penn-integrity-college-sanctions-says-ten-monitor

Mitchell's going to have a lot of latitude. I greatly admire him, good pick by the NCAA.

3 replies, 473 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply NCAA Picks Former Sen. George Mitchell as PSU Integrity Monitor (Original post)
Avalux Aug 2012 OP
MADem Aug 2012 #1
jsmirman Aug 2012 #2
byeya Aug 2012 #3

Response to Avalux (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:29 PM

1. He does have integrity--I agree, good choice. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:32 PM

2. What the &&^%$#@? Terrible Choice.

Speaking just as a sports fan, Mitchell? NO.

I have rarely seen a less credible performance than the show he put on preparing "The Mitchell Report" while serving as a Director for the Red Sox. And I don't want to hear the bullshit obfuscations that were used to wriggle out of what was a painfully obvious conflict of interest.

That he produced a report with no Red Sox on the list, when it was so patently obvious that the Red Sox had as rich a history of PED use as any clubhouse, was SHAMEFUL.

That the truth came out down the road and showed what a disgrace his Red Sox-free list was (see: Manny, Paxton Crawford, the Red Sox clubhouse attendant getting busted, Big Papi's Dominican "Milkshakes") means he is dead to me for this sort of gig.

"The Mitchell Report" was a sham.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:43 PM

3. I hope he does well but my opinion of him is that he's a Democratic fixer like Clark Clifford

used to be and that probably is good for Penn State but may not be so good for those seeking justice for the horrible crimes and coverups.
Like I said; I hope I am wrong.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread