HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Frank Gaffney Plotting To...

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:20 PM

Frank Gaffney Plotting To TAKE DOWN GROVER NORQUIST With Muslim Brotherhood ACCUSATIONS

"..WASHINGTON -- If Frank Gaffney gets his way, Grover Norquist won't be at a high-profile conservative gathering known as the Conservative Political Action Conference in October. Not only that, but the anti-tax crusader and his allies will be totally discredited and branded as supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood.

- But long before he was going after top State Department official Huma Abedin, Gaffney was targeting two men connected with CPAC: Norquist, head of Americans for Tax Reform, and Suhail Khan, a former official in the administration of President George W. Bush. Both are board members of the American Conservative Union, which runs CPAC. "Grover Norquist is credentialing the perpetrators of this Muslim Brotherhood influence operation. ... We are in a war, and he has been working with the enemy for over a decade," said Gaffney in a January 2011 WorldNetDaily op-ed.

Cleta Mitchell, a prominent conservative attorney who also serves on the ACU board, thoroughly investigated Gaffney's claims against Norquist and Khan and found them to be completely baseless. The rest of the conservative board unanimously stood with Mitchell, and Gaffney was essentially shut out of the conference.

He was not allowed to speak at the gathering, despite having done so for the past 15 years.

Gaffney is now out to redeem himself -- and to take down Mitchell, Norquist and Khan in the process. The Huffington Post obtained an email sent by Gaffney on July 6 to fellow conservatives, outlining his strategy for raising a ruckus about the Muslim Brotherhood issue in advance of October's regional CPAC in Denver:

Dear Colleague:

As we will discuss on today's Victory Coalition call, an opportunity has arisen to begin to push back on the insidious Muslim Brotherhood influence operation mounted by Grover Norquist and his Brotherhood-affiliated protégé, Suhail Khan. It comes in the form of the upcoming October 4 Conservative Political Action Conference in Denver. I believe that, by using this event as leverage, we have a shot at raising enough hell in Colorado and elsewhere about Norquist and Khan that we can force the ACU Board, at a minimum, to rescind the resolution it adopted last September condemning me and a endorsing them. If we create enough of a stir, it might even be possible to induce the Board to force their resignations and that of the third Board member who enabled that resolution, Cleta Mitchell, from the ACU leadership.

To that end, I am forwarding for your consideration a letter that might usefully be sent, individually or collectively, to the ACU's President, Al Cardenas -- who I have reason to believe would be personally sympathetic to such a campaign.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this initiative on the call today.

All the best, F

Regarding Norquist, for example, Mitchell wrote, "With respect to Mr. Gaffney's allegations against Grover, those are purely and simply character assassination. ... And I'm certain that Mr. Gaffney's hatred is further fueled by the fact that Grover is married to a Muslim-American woman (who also has worked for the United States government in very responsible positions, I might add!)." Furthermore, Mitchell said she has personally tried to persuade Gaffney to stop his baseless allegations. "I have tried to talk Mr.Gaffney into ceasing these attacks -- but to no avail," she wrote. "I have done everything I know to do to try and bring this to a halt, including private conversations and public appearances saying essentially what I have said in this letter. I have taken whatever official actions in my capacity as a board member of various organizations to vote against any motion that would support Mr. Gaffney's allegations and will continue to do so."

cont'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/frank-gaffney-grover-norquist-muslim-brotherhood_n_1699604.html

24 replies, 2348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 24 replies Author Time Post
Reply Frank Gaffney Plotting To TAKE DOWN GROVER NORQUIST With Muslim Brotherhood ACCUSATIONS (Original post)
Segami Aug 2012 OP
cindyperry2010 Aug 2012 #1
Segami Aug 2012 #2
DCKit Aug 2012 #24
Jeff In Milwaukee Aug 2012 #3
Scootaloo Aug 2012 #5
Jeff In Milwaukee Aug 2012 #6
GoCubsGo Aug 2012 #19
phleshdef Aug 2012 #7
Jeff In Milwaukee Aug 2012 #22
leveymg Aug 2012 #11
hifiguy Aug 2012 #14
BlueState Aug 2012 #4
Archae Aug 2012 #8
lob1 Aug 2012 #9
SDjack Aug 2012 #10
appleannie1 Aug 2012 #12
hifiguy Aug 2012 #13
notadmblnd Aug 2012 #15
The Magistrate Aug 2012 #16
BadGimp Aug 2012 #17
underpants Aug 2012 #18
nanabugg Aug 2012 #20
HooptieWagon Aug 2012 #21
Ian David Aug 2012 #23

Response to Segami (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:24 PM

1. I love it when they start to eat their

young don't you?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cindyperry2010 (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:26 PM

2. All they need now is some hot sauce.

Reply to this post

Response to cindyperry2010 (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 12:00 PM

24. Damn, exactly what I was going to say.

But they're not chewing fast enough. We need to provide them with zombie meth.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:26 PM

3. Not at all far-fetched....

Consider the Bush Klan's long-standing ties to the Saudi Royal Family and others in the region with far too many money and time on their hands. There have long been credible ties between members of the Saudi elite and funding to organizations like Al-Queda. So it's not a stretch at all to postulate that there are players in the conservative circles have at least an arms-length relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Reply to this post

Response to Jeff In Milwaukee (Reply #3)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:30 PM

5. Now now, no need to join in

Better to just watch the carnage from afar.

Reply to this post

Response to Scootaloo (Reply #5)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:37 PM

6. Got to have me a piece of this action! (nt)

Reply to this post

Response to Jeff In Milwaukee (Reply #6)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:57 PM

19. Yep.

It deserves all the help we can give it.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:41 PM

7. Its a fucking witch hunt and we should be against it, no matter who the target is.

Grover Norquist should be attack over the many valid reasons we have to attack him. This is ugly, racist bullshit (Grover's wife being the target of racism in this case).

Reply to this post

Response to phleshdef (Reply #7)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 08:04 PM

22. You're assuming that he's not a fucking witch....

I could be convinced.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:48 PM

11. The primary conduit for Saudi influence buying is through corporations like NewsCorp they control

Guys like Gaffney and Norquist are relative small fries compared to the real money and political influence operators in the West like Prince Alwaleed and his favorite small town publisher and friend, Uncle Rupert.

Reply to this post

Response to leveymg (Reply #11)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:53 PM

14. Don't forget the Bush Crime Family.

"House of Bush, House of Saud" by Craig Unger shows that these two families have been joined at the hip for decades. Wherever a Bush goes, the Saudis are surely right behind him.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:28 PM

4. The chickens are coming home to roost

Conservative republican operatives help create this monster that the tea party and other wackjob elements
have become.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:44 PM

8. Frank Gaffney would have been hunting for commies under his bed 60 years ago.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:46 PM

9. I'd love to see Norquist gone. Do they have a petition I can sign?

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:46 PM

10. Maybe Grover is in the MB. He has a beard like the one worn by Yasser Arafat.

Why would anyone do that -- that beard looks like he either is signaling the Muslim Bros. that he is with them, or that he is too lazy to shave. We all know that Grover is not lazy. So, ... Mittens needs his gang to tackle and hold Grover so Mittens can give him a cold, dry shave.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:50 PM

12. Hmmmm. The enemies within Republican's own heads are dining on fellow Republicans. Luv it.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:50 PM

13. Extra butter, please!

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:12 PM

15. I love it when they eat their own.

Enjoy your meal Frankie.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:28 PM

16. The Blind Chicken Pecked Up a Little Corn This Time, Sir

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/10/11/rep-frank-wolf-calls-out-grover-norquist-on-jihad-ties/

Many anti-jihadists have been concerned for years about Norquist’s jihad ties, and his deleterious influence on the Republican Party, but that concern ended abruptly when it turned out that Norquist was close friends with Rick Perry. People who had been on record repeatedly criticizing Norquist for being in bed with Islamic supremacists suddenly discovered that, hey, everyone does it (ignoring the fact that Norquist is closer to Perry than he is to other candidates), and what’s a few Hamas ties among friends, anyway?

But not Wolf. On the House floor, Wolf said of Norquist, “Documentation shows that he has deep ties to supporters of Hamas and other terrorist organizations that are sworn enemies of the United States and our ally Israel.” He pointed out that “around the years 2000 and 2001, Mr. Norquist’s firm represented Abdurahman Alamoudi, who was convicted two years later for his role in a terrorist plot and who is presently serving a 23-year sentence in federal prison.”

Norquist, reported Wolf, “also associated with terror financier Sami Al-Arian, according to Mary Jacoby’s reporting in March 2003, in the St. Petersburg Times. Al-Arian pled guilty in 2006 ‘to a charge of conspiring to provide services to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), a specially designated terrorist organization, in violation of U.S. law,’ and is under house arrest, according to a Department of Justice press release. The Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s ‘paramilitary wing—the al-Quds Brigades—has conducted numerous attacks, including large-scale suicide bombings,’ according to the National Counterterrorism Center.”

These are the kinds of people for whom Norquist opened doors. Norquist, said Wolf, “served as a key facilitator between Al-Arian, Alamoudi and the White House. … In June 2001, Al-Arian was among the members of the American Muslim Council invited to the White House complex. … The next month, the National Coalition to Protect Political Freedom—a civil liberties group headed by Al-Arian—gave Norquist an award for his work to abolish the use of secret intelligence evidence in terrorism cases.”

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:32 PM

17. Hate like Fear, is a mind killer

Poor Frankie...

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:49 PM

18. RW'ers are looking for any way they can to get away from Norquist

another nitwit like Gaffney will do the job

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 07:00 PM

20. You just can't make this "poop" up! nt

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 07:08 PM

21. It might be worthwhile to get on his email list...

in order to forward them to a few select friends and family.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:18 AM

23. If we cheer too loudly, it will only encourage Michele Bachmann's witch hunt against Democrats.

First they came for Grover Norquist...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread