HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Obama Campaign hinted tha...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:00 PM

Obama Campaign hinted that another shoe will drop over tax returns or Bain

Day Sixteen of "No More Tax Records"

Ten years without paying any tax?

Romney is reeling. The month of July - which prominently featured his refusal to release more tax records beyond those for 2010 and 2011 - has been a disaster for his campaign. New polls released today show him trailing badly in the three most critical battleground states: Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

His National Lampoon European Vacation could not have helped his cause. But his refusal to release his tax records could also have made a huge difference in his decline in these key states. No one has been elected president without winning two of these three states since 1960.

In separate news, Harry Reid has claimed that a Bain investor told him that Romney paid no taxes for ten years. This claim is unsubstantiated but is getting a lot of press. The Obama Campaign has also hinted that another shoe will drop on Romney over the tax return issue or his record at Bain...maybe they have proof of what Reid's source has said. Maybe they don't.

The only way Romney can stop this speculation and innuendo and build trust with voters is to release his returns. A lot of returns.

http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/214321.html

6 replies, 1652 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama Campaign hinted that another shoe will drop over tax returns or Bain (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Aug 2012 OP
JustAnotherGen Aug 2012 #1
hifiguy Aug 2012 #2
Vattel Aug 2012 #3
Tarheel_Dem Aug 2012 #4
Liberal_in_LA Aug 2012 #5
Tarheel_Dem Aug 2012 #6

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:01 PM

1. National Lampoon European Vacation!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:04 PM

2. Bwahahahaha!

Mittwit's in one hell of a corner. He can either stonewall and be thought at least a gamer of the system and at most a thief and tax cheat or he can release his returns and prove those very facts. Heads, we win, tales, Mittwit loses.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:04 PM

3. I suspect that the Obama people have inside info on this stuff.

That's why they are forcing the issue. Regardless, I hope that Romney gets crushed in November.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:09 PM

4. At this point, curiosity makes me want to know what in those returns, but it seems to be having a...

damaging effect on his numbers, so I'm torn. Release? Or not to Release?

Reply to this post

Response to Tarheel_Dem (Reply #4)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:14 PM

5. release after the convention

Reply to this post

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Reply #5)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:48 PM

6. That certainly might kill any bounce he might get post convention. So I have to agree with ya.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread