HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Seems "Romney is mak...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jul 30, 2012, 10:18 AM

Seems "Romney is making the case that the United States shouldn't disagree in public with Israel"

Still shambling, from London to Jerusalem

<...>

That, at least, was the thinking a week ago. Now, every fear that Romney was not quite ready to sit at the big kids' table has been confirmed, and his foreign excursion is increasingly looking like a fiasco. Jamelle Bouie noted yesterday, "If Mitt Romney were a Democrat, his behavior on this foreign trip would all but disqualify him from the presidency."

Agreed. The question at this point is whether the former one-term governor, the least experienced major-party nominee in more than 70 years, who apparently can't even make brief foreign visits to allies without embarrassing himself, is actually prepared to lead.

Incidentally, Romney's speech in Jerusalem was problematic, in and of itself. Zack Beauchamp flagged an interesting excerpt:

"We cannot stand silent as those who seek to undermine Israel voice their criticisms. And we certainly should not join in that criticism. Diplomatic distance in our public between our nations emboldens Israel's adversaries."

It certainly seems as if Romney is making the case that the United States shouldn't disagree in public with Israel -- ever.

-more -

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/07/30/13032671-still-shambling-from-london-to-jerusalem

Romney: I will Put Netanyahu First and America Second - No Kidding
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021041042

3 replies, 598 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Seems "Romney is making the case that the United States shouldn't disagree in public with Israel" (Original post)
ProSense Jul 2012 OP
The Magistrate Jul 2012 #1
renegade000 Jul 2012 #2
atreides1 Jul 2012 #3

Response to ProSense (Original post)

Mon Jul 30, 2012, 10:22 AM

1. Netanyahu's Poodle, Ma'am, Or 'Bibi's Fifi' For Short....

"Romney loves America like a tick loves a dog."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jul 30, 2012, 10:25 AM

2. it's not just that...

it's that you can't disagree with the Likud party in public...

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 30, 2012, 10:34 AM

3. That's pretty much what I got from his little speech.

And as far as I'm concerned both he and Israel can go pound sand...as an American tax payer I can disagree with Israeli policies as much as I want...or anybody else's policies for that matter!

When you take into consideration that most of Rmoney's advisors are the holdover Facists of the last Bush administration...it's not a big surprise that this asshat with the personality of a Ken doll can be made to say any and everything stupid!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread