HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Climate Expert Dr. Michae...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jul 23, 2012, 11:10 AM

Climate Expert Dr. Michael Mann Plans Libel Suit Against The National Review

X-post in E&E

This week the National Review published an insulting and (very likely) libelous article about climate change expert Dr. Micheal Mann of Penn State University I suspect that a formal apology and a retraction are on the way. if not, Michael Mann will have a very good case against them. The writer of that article deserves to defend his words in court and I suspect he will.

THE FACTS

Dr. Mann has been subjected to an overwhelming amount of hate mail and death threats, (most of which are very badly spelled) because he published a paper several years ago, with the image above in it. You may have heard about this image, it’s called the “Hockey Stick”, and let me say right here, that no matter what you may read on the internet, this image has stood the test of dozens of reviews and investigations. Every scientific peer group that has looked at it says it’s good science and if anyone tells you differently, they are giving you political propaganda.

http://blogs.agu.org/wildwildscience/2012/07/22/slandering-someone-because-of-their-scientific-findings-can-be-very-costly/

3 replies, 1160 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Climate Expert Dr. Michael Mann Plans Libel Suit Against The National Review (Original post)
Viking12 Jul 2012 OP
JDPriestly Jul 2012 #1
Gregorian Jul 2012 #3
Uncle Joe Jul 2012 #2

Response to Viking12 (Original post)

Mon Jul 23, 2012, 12:59 PM

1. K&R

Climate change could kill a lot more people and cause a lot more misery and turmoil than a gunman in a theater. I do not mean to say that the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado is not important, but let's focus on the biggest crisis -- the combination of climate change and human overpopulation. That duo will lead to massive extinctions of humans, plants and animals around the globe.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JDPriestly (Reply #1)

Mon Jul 23, 2012, 01:42 PM

3. So important, it deserves to be the center of all discussion.

I swear, reading your post it was like I had written it. All I can say is thank you. I feel so alone and unimportant. Just reading your post gave me a sense of "not aloneness". I guess I'm not awake yet.

Reply to this post

Response to Viking12 (Original post)

Mon Jul 23, 2012, 01:04 PM

2. Kicked and recommended.

Thanks for the thread, Viking.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread